Wanted: Ballers, Whales, BSDs and Uber Elites -apply here.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by DepthTrade, Mar 11, 2018.

1. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Holy cow!! That was an awesome move midway through the US session. Had multiple clients hitting six targets, two stops were also triggered. Not sure what moved the market like that. I know the majority of our overall position was short USD and new home sales came in weak, but I had been expecting that move an hour or two earlier.
    Here are the results in percentage.

Aud/jpy +0.86
    Aud/usd -0.73
    Eur/aud +0.59
    Eur/chf -0.16
    Eur/gbp -0.57
    Eur/jpy +0.53
    Eur/usd +0.61
    Gbp/chf +0.13
    Gbp/jpy -0.50
    Gbp/usd +0.81
    Nzd/usd +0.80
    Usd/cad +0.16
    Usd/chf +0.50
    Usd/jpy +0.13

Total +3.16%

#51     Nov 28, 2018
  2. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

These next trades are going to be interesting after a move like earlier today. Anything can happen though, could take a small lose and give some back or could easily come out with a gain. Why not right? This market is kicking out possible gains second after second, it might as well be me. That's my thinking.

Open positions.
    elite 11 28 18 screen shot.png

Closed Total
    Total +3.16%

#52     Nov 28, 2018
  3. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

As forecast, some of the previous gains had to go back to the trade gods. Always have to give someone a kickback, there's always a bigger player. Not too bad though, at one point these last trades were almost up another 0.65%, instead it reversed against us that same amount.
    Close the following.

Aud/jpy +0.06%
    Aud/usd -0.16
    Eur/aud -0.06
    Eur/chf -0.42
    Eur/gbp +0.58
    Eur/jpy +-0
    Eur/usd -0.21
    Gbp/chf -0.08
    Gbp/jpy -0.86
    Gbp/usd +0.33
    Nzd/usd +0.21
    Usd/cad -0.08
    Usd/chf +0.26
    Usd/jpy -0.21
    Total -0.64%

Closed Total
    Total +2.52%
    Pips +236

#53     Nov 29, 2018
  4. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Right back in this. Am holding the following. Majority of the positioning is short Eur and we do have Unemployment data along with HICP -core early tomorrow (a.m. USA). Oh yeah, the minority of the positioning is short Chf.

Open Positions.
    for ET 11 29 18 screen shot.png

Closed Total
    Total +2.52%
    Pips +236

#54     Nov 29, 2018
  5. TRS

TRS

At the beginning of this thread you stipulated you run this strat with zero leverage ( 1:1 ).
    Interesting that your clients allowed you to play this hand with 14:1.
    That's an interesting dispensation.

#55     Nov 30, 2018
  6. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

I hear you, mind blowing to think some traders are willing to risk more than a -0.15% draw down. Bump that up to -2/ -3% draw down, we're talking major cowboys. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them riding a bike without a helmet.

#56     Dec 1, 2018
  7. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

There's many variables that come into play with how much leverage one uses. Most importantly how much income one wants and how much capital one has. Obviously the more capital you have, the less leverage you need. I'm just showcasing what can be possible. At some point, you can't expect to be doubling your account every couple of months, because one runs into problems with liquidity. There are ways around that, like how fast you're scaling in and out of positions, but even then you can back your strategy out on the time frame and you're back to being insignificant. Either way you're talking 10s 100s of millions until that even becomes a problem. Then at that point, you're accessing different platforms anyhow.
    Nobody wants to use leverage, that will cost money.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    #57     Dec 1, 2018
  8. TRS

TRS

Hahaha... fair enough.
    I was just referencing the initial criteria you stipulated. Typical to see trading plans go out the window on ET and in trader's accounts in general.
    I was interested in getting your take on upping the risk profile and adding some juice to your game.
    As long as one has a well maintained bike and adequate precautions in place it's nice to feel some wind in the hair.

#58     Dec 1, 2018
  9. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Here's the scenario. Someone has a couple million to throw at this to start, I come in with the skills. We're both wearing suits I'm sitting to the right., we meet at a marina in Miami.

#59     Dec 1, 2018
    TRS likes this.
  10. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

Closed these positions.
    Aud/jpy -0.13%
    Audusd -0.14
    Eur/aud +0.51
    Eur/chf +0.41
    Eur/gbp -0.34
    Eur/jpy +0.65
    Eur/usd +0.61