Want What The Market Wants

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TradeWynds, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Further more the laws of supply and demand play a role in proving that the markets are not a set of random movements. No matter how hard they are manipulated, the laws of supply and demand come shinin' fru'

Michael B.

#31     Jul 23, 2005
  2. Ahh, so much clearer... I think.
    :)
    Despite markets being (theoretically) random , the approach is'nt, thus defining the potential risk/ reward of any given outcome, or something like that.
    Way i read it, it was some sort of field of dreams scenario, lol.
    Back (sort of ) on topic , (not forex though)i used williams indicators paper trading for some time, turning an imaginary $15,000 acount into about $180,000 in under six months.
    As consistent since, but i stopped keeping records after becoming severely depressed at the results, as you can imagine.
    I didnt use williams methods though, and though the entries were by no means random imo, i thought I would test something.
    I came up with the absolute worst trades i could think of - stops way out side the price, all over the shop, as long as i felt i would never take those trades normally, and felt this basket was guaranteed to lose , selling stuff i wanted to buy, you name it, the exact opposite of what i thought was a good idea, which clearly wasn't to shabby at the time.
    Those trades ended up making more than any other basket or collection of trades in the entire period. I couldnt beleive it, but fairly well illustrate's your point i think.
    The worst part is, i dont really know how i did it, unquantifiable as they say.
    The mojo is mostly gone at this time, but i did find the mantra of "want what the market wants" extremely helpful, as in i didnt feel i made any decisions- I just placed stops, the market did all the work for me.

#32     Jul 25, 2005
  3. acro,

Quote from acronym:
    • Ahh, so much clearer... I think.
    • Way i read it, it was some sort of field of dreams scenario, lol.
    • The worst part is, i dont really know how i did it, unquantifiable as they say.
    • I just placed stops, the market did all the work for me.

We had a contributor here named random trader...search his handle, I believe you will find his Journals enjoyable and refreshing.

Michael B.

#33     Jul 25, 2005
  4. Remiraz

Remiraz

attached is a graph of 1000 coin flips. head or tail = +1 or -1

support, resistance, trend, ranges, retrace, continuation...its all there.

#34     Jul 25, 2005
  5. Well,

There goes my theory.

Michael B.

P.S. hey rem did you find your 10 pair/11 currencies? :)

#35     Jul 25, 2005
  6. Remiraz

Remiraz

what 10 pair/11 currencies??

hmmmm i'm pming u abt C&C. we were so rudely interrupted last time.

#36     Jul 25, 2005