want: trading roommate in HK

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cwl18, Apr 27, 2008.

1. laputa

laputa

HK does not collect capital gain tax no matter where the profit comes from. I've filled out a W form (I think W-8) when I open my IB account and that basically says I'm a non US resident and thus not subjected to US taxation. So because I'm not subjected to US tax and HK does not have capital gain tax so I pay no tax for trading profits.

However many countries collect worldwide tax no matter where you live so it really depends on your citizenship and your country's tax code.

#11     Apr 30, 2008
  2. laputa,

Any comments on Smartone Vodafone mobile broadband service. I am thinking of going to trade from HK for the summer.
    Do it cover the whole of HK? Thanks.

#12     Apr 30, 2008
  3. laputa

laputa

I've never used mobile broadband so I don't know for sure. Smartone has the 3.5G (HSDPA) service but from what I heard the connection is not completely stable when you're on the move. My friend said streaming video would stall for a few seconds when he's moving from one area to another. Coverage though is as good as 3G mobile phone service and that pretty much covers the whole city.

#13     Apr 30, 2008
  4. dvst8

dvst8

No nerds allowed

#14     Apr 30, 2008
  5. cwl18

cwl18

there is no room for more trader in my brother's office, however i can move out to another trader's office if the deal is right, basically i like to work with other traders. If space is a concern, we can rent an office instead.

rent in the 2nd or 3rd tier office arent that bad.

PM me if you are interested.

clayton

#15     May 6, 2008