want to sum up the total volume in EXCEL

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mfhboy, Apr 25, 2004.

1. mfhboy

mfhboy

I want to sum up the total volume of all transitions I've made at all price levels. Say, I make 20 transitions on the same market everyday. After a week, I made 100 transitions and I trade at 30 different price levels ranged from $1 to $100. The result table/chart should have 30 rows but I want the data input table with just 20 rows.

Is it possible to sum up the total volumes for each given price level without having to jump across fields(skipping between 100 rows). That is, to sum up one week records with just 20 rows(20 price per day) x 5 columns(each day one column).

thx!!!
    mfhboy:p

PS: This is my FIRST post here and I'm glad to be here!

2. mmm

mmm

Check out pivot tables in Excel's Help. I think they'll do the trick for you.

3. Welcome to EliteTrader, mfhboy! :) Actually you're not new, it just took you 3 months to make your presence felt.

I have read and reread your post and am having difficulty understanding your question. You can attach the relevant Excel file as long as it's under 100K (Browse... in Attach file), or try rephrasing your question. I'm sure you'll get your answer.

4. mfhboy

mfhboy

YES, it took me 3 months to learn the very basic about the market XDD

I uploaded a pic and that's exactly what I need. THX both Mr Subliminal and mmm.