Want To Share

Discussion in 'Journals' started by $CostAverageMAN, Feb 23, 2006.

1. SAT morning ...

Stocks in my research for Monday..Good volume and nice moves made on FRIDAY...I will chase movers if the company has merit and sector is on fire.

IDMI, LFG, RDCM, AMTA, JOBS, TRBM, ACEL, NTES, ICH, NEP, GERN, PLLL, INTN, MFN, APN, TRGL, WPSC, AVNX, AUY, SIL

SILVER WAS ON FIRE FRIDAY!!!!

Stocks I like so far...AIQ, CVN, HBX, IDMI, IIIN, FLOW, CLG, AZK,

LIKE the man on TV says there is a bull market out there and I'm here to find it for you!!!

Just kidding..Let me know what you think of my SPECULATIVE LIST...SORRY IT's SO BIG but you gotta narrow them down...

I will let you know on Monday morning before MARKET opens my open buy orders and where they are at...Please don't scalp me by a penny if I post them...

Friday we had some +10%er's MRB, GNBT, SLW, EDGR, ICE,
    Friday we had some +4%er's RAIL, ACH, CDIS, AVII, MEK, CTCH, PEIX, JBLU, IPSU, NLX, STEM

WORST FRIDAY PERFORMANCE-- CHNR (-6.59%), ISO, (-5.0%), CTDC (-4.25%), BITS(-3.45%), SMTX(-3.38%), ERI (-2.74%), ORCT (-2.70%), AMR(-2.47%)

ADVANCERS FRIDAY--124 stocks, 5 Mutual funds
    DECLINERS FRIDAY-- 61 stocks
    UNCH FRIDAY--3 stocks

3 stocks that were 10+%er's (GNBT, MRB, SLW) came off my Friday list of what to watch before the market even opened "How did I do that"---I wonder that sometimes too!!!

THE EXCEL sheet is just END of day FRIDAY, like my last post..

#41     Feb 25, 2006
  2. Narrowing down the list and I like the ownership and some of the FUNDAMENTALS of These.

AVNX, WPSC, LFG, APN, MFN, GERN, CDE, AIQ, SIL, AZK, PAAS

Miners on my mind for sure.

#42     Feb 25, 2006
  3. Little trick of the trade..

If you are getting a better price than where most of the large institutions that own your stock are in at (In my opinion you are getting that stock on the cheap..) They spend millions paying those people to find the perceived value of the companies paper and they buy in when they feel like its undervalued...and you if are getting it cheaper than that..You got a stock thats going up..The big money out there hates to be wrong and will try and fix their underperforming unless the business is just horribly managed..I'm that case you shouldn't be getting in anyway..I love the confident CEO's and CFO on conference calls cause analyst throw all types of stuff at them and the good ones shove it right back in the analyst face, bad management looks for excuses and can't answer simple questions on the spot....thats a sell signal to me and the pros...Sometimes when listening I ask my self if this guy event went to work last quarter..

CHIT/CHAT welcome..

DID I mention I shorted DCN at 15 (MY ONLY SHORT)..covered at 2.91 thursday at an 80.6% profit....Dam thing dropped 52% on FRIDAY but that move would of barely made a difference..I Left money on the table...Hope some one else was on top of that!!!

• dcn.png
      File size:
      6.7 KB
      Views:
    #43     Feb 25, 2006
  4. Hello dollarcost :)

Do you listen to all confernce calls on earnings?

How do you manage your 125 positions?

Can you give us some overiew on this

Thats a lot of positions :)

Do you just go on tech analysis, or do you research every single company and listen to all their confernce calls.

#44     Feb 25, 2006
  5. I'm an Investor not a trader, So alot of these position's I haven't even seen the recent news this week or thier recent SEC filing's..

But the speculative positions the weekly to monthly trades I watch alot of the technicals on those and stay on top of as much info as I can get...My son is in college and he likes to follow the market as well so he helps a good bit when he's around...I guess he knows it's going to be his one day and would hate to see it go..Just Kidding..

I use Vector Vest to stay on top of the technicals..It helps for this many positions. And To me I just see the Channels and trends pretty easy...after 30 yrs of looking at charts...History can repeat itself...

#45     Feb 25, 2006
  6. Here is Vector's Vest top 300 List

exchange----A=Amex, O-Nasdaq, N=NYSE, B=OTC
    xA,xO,xN means options are avaiable

VST(Value, Safety, Timing) is on a scale of 0 to 2
    RT (Relative Timing)
    RV (Relative Value)
    I'm always watching ones with RT on the move to the upside

#46     Feb 25, 2006
  7. China trouble at the 1300 resisitance level, We could break out above this week the trend is our friend..

PGJ, FXI, EMCGX, And china equity looks like a good hold this week..

#47     Feb 26, 2006
  8. Brazil --39000 level strong resistance cause its so close to the day I celebrate Brazil 40000--

---Trend still very strong for EWZ, Banks doing great BBD, ITU, BBD

---Looking at TX --Terinium--IPO last month, below 23 level for another good steel play to go along with GGB, SID, in this region of the world...

#48     Feb 26, 2006
  9. I see some people have gotten the V.V. top 300 list, I find that if VST is above RT than the move has been made and I look to get in those when it reverses back into a positive up trend...Ignore all OTC.BB stocks unless you like VEGAS style investing...

Looking for a way to play Egypt (like a diverse fund) They are going through a mini correction I think It could have ended FRIDAY... You know me "Pimpin All Over The World"

#49     Feb 26, 2006
  10. I got find some more of these International Banks in a depressed economy.. Like I did in 2004 with UBB and BBD..I'm being a PIG and I love it, never Sold one share of ITU, BBD, UBB..Couldn't think of a better place to put the capital gains so I let them ride...See sometimes Investing outperforms trading by a long shot...and my cost is like nothing compared to its value today..

#50     Feb 26, 2006