Want to Prop Trade in Calgary

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bradlarken, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Support your traders? You let my roommate go because he missed to many days. All because his Dad had a stroke and he coaches a youth hockey team. Then you never even had the balls or common courtesy to call him back when he wanted to know why. Support my ass.

#11     Mar 5, 2007
  2. JohnMcd

JohnMcd

I don't need to get into specifics but I can tell you in most proffessions there is a reasonable expectation that you show up to apply your craft. I have always been reasonable and when someone has a family emergency thats understandable. When someone chooses leave for a week, well....... We only want those who take trading on as a serious proffession not a part time hobby.

#12     Mar 5, 2007
  3. GGSAE

GGSAE

HAHHAHAHAH what a joke.....let me catch my breath.....hahhahaha LOL.

If you could only grasp the advanced strategies that are coming out of some of the other firms (yes in Canada) you'd delete this post and many others.

Ever heard of arbitrage? Much more advanced then any joke training you'll get at swift trade.

One of the top traders made 88k last tuesday...you won't believe me and that's fine, we'll continue to take money from you clowns fighting it out for 1/2 cent off the ecns. :)

To the OP, if you've never traded before it doesn't hurt to get some (very) basic experience at swift trade. You can move on to a professional firm after that, there's several out there.

#13     Mar 6, 2007
  4. JohnMcd

JohnMcd

too bad thats all your guys made on Tuesday. It was a great day

#14     Mar 6, 2007

5. lol..ok GGSAE.....now i can understand bashing swift if that makes you feel good...but come on....telling us that one guy on one day made 88k somewhere in canada doesnt really tell the original poster why swift is bad....nor do you say where would be a better firm for this person to apply to in Calgary.

I expect better from you GGSAE.....

#15     Mar 6, 2007
  6. The one thing swift managers seem like they are trained to say (which i hated hearing) but is 100% true, is that 100% of 0 is 0. If you dont make money nothing else matters.

If i was you i would approach every trading avenue possible, money down, no money down etc, and weigh the pros and cons of each. Consider training, atmosphere and attitude of office, success rates, support, also software reliability, and then payouts and rates.

When i did this for myself, it made sense for me to work at title trading, so i am obviously biased to them, but do this also for yourself.

#16     Mar 6, 2007
  7. GGSAE

GGSAE

Ha ha, i'm not surprised by the simplicity of this response because our methodology is so far beyond your level of comprehension your head would spin.

That was just the head trader retard, I would venture to say the large majority (maybe all 80 traders?) netted money last week, everyone I spoke with did :)

#17     Mar 7, 2007
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Well look at this another swift manager is rallying to his fallen commrade...okay fine maybe my response was childish, but his comment was so ridiculous i was laughing hysterically (ever see that simpsons when mr burns has a flashback as a child and laughs for 1.5 days straight?)

This guy just comes out of nowhere claiming swift is the best in training, blah, blah, blah completely oblivious to what's actually out there. Fact is the firm i trade with has a very specific methdology (with about 30 sub strategies w/n that), with a very extensive mentoring/protege program in place, teams of traders grouped together to enhance and facilitate the exchange of ideas, several automated programs that run throughout the day...I could go on.

#18     Mar 7, 2007
  9. And where is that pray tell?

#19     Mar 7, 2007
  10. GGSAE

GGSAE

You want more information send me a PM, i'm not disclosing anything else on this thread. There's lots of firms that offer training and mentoring programs...you guys should search around, instead of having everything given to you.

#20     Mar 7, 2007