Want to learn more about automated trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Churnmaster, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Engle's work is useful reading. Interesting that he is also a trained as a physicist......

You will never be handed a working system. You might learn how a particular system works if you work as a trading assistant for a time. Trading successfully is neither as complicated as many people would lead you to believe, nor as simple as some people describe.

Like anything else this takes time and work to get right ....there are few shortcuts.

#11     Nov 21, 2005
  2. I run a set of automated trading systems, all written by myself.

#12     Nov 21, 2005
  3. I completely agree, simple or complicated is relative, it is never as simple as 2-3 rules, nor does it often involve esoteric methods.

#13     Nov 21, 2005

4. I have been day trading for over 3 years now, am not really looking for a system to be handed to me, want to encompass some of my own ideas and put them into play. The problem I am having is transfering the concept from my brain into a program, can not visualize how to make that happen.

#14     Nov 21, 2005
  5. when you get started in Programming, then all brain storming
    begins not just with testing ideas, also language and code
    curving , You will become more of a compuer geek

#15     Nov 21, 2005
  6. bighog

bighog Guest

Trading is indeed not as complicated as many think it is. Then again the psych part is more complicated than many think it is.

After the holidays are over i also will get involved into the automated entry part of trading.

I have my way of doing things (system). Surely as simple as it is to trade there should be only the learning curve of coding it and automating the entrys.

I believe this should be fun and rather easy because i know the system and know exactly what i want it to do. probably most of the code is out there as "CANNED" anyway. Looks like the way to start the new year is with couple new challenges.

#16     Nov 22, 2005
  7. Speaking of Olesn, go nuts at Olsen's site with these FREE papers...

http://www.olsen.ch/research/working_papers.html

Not surprisingly, some of these papers have made it into Olsen et al's book.

The books by Acar, Lequeux, Dunis, etc, can get rather pricey.

#17     Nov 22, 2005