Want to Learn how to Trade Options. Good Place to Start?

Discussion in 'Options' started by WSWarrior, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Want to Learn how to Trade Options. Anyone recommend any good books/courses to buy? Also what strategies would be good for a newbie to learn.

2. buy butterfly if bulls eye on expiry , butterfly loser strategy no bulls eye
    sell strangle if no volatility until expiry
    buy spreads if you can predict price on expiry day

authors are failed traders , they never succeeded at trading , failed and recovered losses by writing books on bs

zion likes this.
  3. manstein

manstein

Write a book on options

That is your best start my friend

Good luck

4. ironchef

ironchef

Buy and read: "Options As A Strategic Investment" by Lawrence McMillan. I learned trading options reading this book. All the basics and maths you need to get going are in the book.

good luck.

Kurt_From_RVA likes this.
  5. If I wrote a book on options. It would be the shortest ever book written. But I get your point.

6. Thanks will check it out.

7. You need to follow a profitable options trader , watching him live on live accounts .
    Most option books writers are geeks from mathematical backgrounds and are good writers , they are good at what they do ....writing .Most are trading failures

Watching a skilled profitable trader live will inspire and lift you to their levels , they will give you the motivation and desire to win and suceed like them.They give a good start

What are you going to learn from these failures?You learn to become failures like them and hand over your money for nothing.Most of the information in these books is freel available on the internet sites , more and much better information than here .

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...n+calculator+spread+butterfly+condor+straddle

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=free option book pdf

most option books are rehashed and renamed , so any book will do

are you going to learn from michael jordan or some writer who writes but has never been there or understands how to do it?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  8. CBC

CBC

There is lots of good stuff here on this site.

9. Everything in trading, or options, stems from your ability to predict the underlying :confused:o_O -- so greatly focus, or understand, that above all else.

10. atrp2biz

atrp2biz

I don't necessarily agree with this. On my TSLA short straddle, for the first week I was wrong on underlying direction and vol but still was a small winner. The position has turned around nicely now that vol has come in and the underlying is pinning the strike.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    #10     Sep 18, 2016