Want to join swifttrade

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Zamman, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Zamman

Zamman

I am a couple of weeks away from being laid off from my current job, a few months ago I went in to my local swifttrade branch after they responded to my resume and got the lowdown (1st interview) from the local owner / branch manager. This was in March and he told me they would be hiring a batch of newbies in May, so when May rolled around I emailed him back two times with no response. It is now July and I havent seen an ad placed by them in the classifieds since March. I am planning on going down to the branch to see if and when they will be hiring trainees. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me before I go down there? I am fully prepared to make no money for 6 months and have read all the nasty threads on them in this forum but I dont care I just want to learn. Any comments / info would be much appreciated.

2. fabric

fabric

if you have any other options I would strongly recommend using them instead of going to funny firm like Swift Trade . They do not teach you anything there , only some crappy absurd scapling for 1-2 ticks . Anyway , if you joint them they might serve well for a newbie . I wouldn't stay more 6-7 months once I'm familiar with trading .

3. l2tradr

l2tradr

I would go there with no experience provided that I have no problem not making an income for a few months. Where else can you learn trading live with no risk to you other than the opportunity cost of not making money? If you are successful you'll probably leave for a better deal, but sounds like a good place to start.

4. Does swifttrade have any educational requirements? What type of interview is there, like math and logic wise?

Thanks

5. Rhue

Rhue

No educational requirements. Basic interview with general questions on the market (long vs short stuff ) etc. Hope that helps.

6. That helps a ton. Thanks!!

By the way, there are no swift trade branches in the U.S., is that correct?