Want to be accepted at Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by wanabetrader, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Hitman

Hitman

Wannabetrader and any other trader who are interested in trading prep (not glorifed professional) please e-mail me directly (it is under my profile), I can set you up with little to no capital contribution, and you will still be trading after you blow through it.

#11     Dec 17, 2001
  2. dstod

dstod

Your credit report shouldn't affect whether or not you are accepted at a trading firm.

My credit report is ridiculous, but I haven't had a problem getting a job at a prop firm.

Unless they did check it- and only gave me a chance to make money to pay off my credit cards because they felt bad for me. :p

#12     Dec 17, 2001
  3. sharper

sharper

to search for firms that are hiring proprietary traders, you may want to try Monster.com or some of the other on-line job recruitment sites. Worldco, seems to be aggressively hiring recently. That's the biggest one I can recall.

#13     Dec 17, 2001
  4. Hi all,

I am really impressed about how kind everyone has been responding to my message.

Thanks guys :)

Happy Holidays,

Budi

#14     Dec 17, 2001
  5. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Well Wannabe, you know that trading is a zero sum gain, and for all these experienced traders to have the "+" part of that sum, they need someone else to have the "-" part.:eek: :D

But really, the trading community is generally good folks and sometime down the road, you too may find yourself helping other newbies or even oldbies who's style is no longer working and need help in learning the new techniques.

#15     Dec 18, 2001
  6. To: Mr.Don Bright/Mr.Hitman

I have a strong desire to be a prop trader. And I've worked at Charles Schwab and Morgan Stanley for 2 1/2 years dealing with their traders. I do not want to just process trades for clients and market making securities. I want to be able to find passion in what I do. But, I'm having a problem in conveying my strong desire to be a prop trader to a recruiter. Plus, I've ran out of my severance package. Thus, I wll not be able to contribute any capital.

It is much harder to ask someone to back you up for your capital requirement when you have nothing to contribute. I'm really not good in interview.

When someone asked me why you want to be a trader?
    I'm for sure did not know what is the "Right" answer for that. But, I've been in trading environment and be a part of the action. I know that I want a profession where I don't just take orders from anyone and able to trade on my own discretion(making my own strategy). Besides of that I want to have a passion in what I do. A passion which is resulted from a profession that if you really work harder and put your whole heart into it , you'll be sure that you will be fully compesated based on your hard work and discipline.

After working at a Brokerage and IBank firm, I see that a lot of traders burn out after a couple of years. Because they do not have passion of what they do. They just work..and work While the firms makes a huge profit from the orders they execute. They just receive a fixed paycheck monthly or a fraction from the spread profit that they made for the firm

I am not a gambler/a poker player/or a mathematical wizard, but I am willing to take any menial jobs (intern/clerk/mail boy) there is so that I can get my foot in the door so that I can be a trader someday. These were what I have been doing the past two and a half year. And I don't mind doing it for another years as long as I can have the chance to be a prop trader.

Apart from my personal explanation, I am wondering whether there are any Workshop or Training for the public who is interested to learn about various strategies used in DayTrading. My location is in San Francisco. I wish that either Bright Trading/Worldco or any prop firms will have this type of event in the near future?
    At least with the workshop/training, I will be able to train myself to be an avid trader. Even though my capital may be limited, at least I want to have the skills to trade. The skills to me is more important than anything else that firms can offer.

I come up with this conclusion, after learning that it's not always that easy to convince someone to back you up with their money. And not everyone is so lucky to be accepted at a prop firms.
    Just like going into an "Ivy league". Not everyone has the privillege to enter those institution. But in the end, only the one that has the skills and determination made it to the top of the crowd.

Many Many Thanks in Advance

Cheers,
    Budi

#16     Jan 23, 2002