Want the truth?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trader556, Oct 26, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

ok....so I will check back with you in 1 or 2 years...then we will go over this again...Dont forget to include the lost lives ( which you cant put a value to, specially if it were one of yours ) and the enormous resources we are and will spend making their country better when it should be used making our country Safer.......please factor all these into ur equation.....thank you for taking the time to explain ur points.....have a great day...

#31     Oct 27, 2003
  2. "Really the only things we have left to accomplish on this mission is getting Bin Laden who I think has died of natural causes already (he was very very sick months ago) and capturing saddam which I think one of his own people will put a bullet in his head for the money by years end."

Sure, terrorism ends with the death of Bin Laden, and finding Saddam solves all the problems in Iraq.

How simple.

#32     Oct 27, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually no. I have a really interesting strory as to why too. This is 100% true, as God as my witness. About 3 months before 9/11 I was living in NY and I was in the WTC at the Borders book store where I spent a lot of time. I was upstairs in the music section listening to a CD when a strange guy approached me asking me about the latest Stevie Nicks CD Shangri La. I didn't really think much of it but when you live in NY, sometimes the best thing to do is just be polite and talk to the guy and hope he goes away. Well this guy starting getting into some really dark stuff. Starting talking about the government and how he use to work there and he wanted to take down the government.

He said his speciality is making explosives. He has a lot of people that he talks to he says, travels around the country. Now keep in mind this was not a homeless nut off the street. This guy was very bright and very well spoken and well dressed. He bought several philosophy books which he had in his hand. This guy spoke in a really moderate tone even laughing at times. He told me there was going to be a big explosion. That many people hated this country and they were finally going to do something about it.

I started getting scared and just kept listening. At the same time I was studying his face and body so I could do a drawing for the police. This guy went on for about 30 minutes. He told me it was going to happen. That nobody could stop it. He said there were a lot of people involved. Now keep in mind this guy was dead serious. Trust me, I know when someone is pulling my leg. He went on about the violence of our gov't and what they are doing around the world and how they must be punished. He said the gov't must learn their lesson. He said big changes are coming. At this point I was peeing down my pant leg, all I wanted to do was find the nearest cop.

So once he walked away from me I immediately went to security guard in the store and asked where the police where. They are in the WTC building right around the corner. So I quickly snuck out while he was buying his books and ran to the police and told them my story. They immediately got every cop in the building converging on this store but the guy got out. We found out that he got out on the lower level but we never found him. I gave the cops a description of him but he probably got on the subways and left.

As soon as I got back to my apartment I called the FBI. Told them everything. They said there was nothing they could do if I didn't know his location. This really pissed me off. I was scared out of my mind. They just blew this off. Well three months later and well, we had 9/11. That very building, that very bookstore, the very place that guy told me about the explosion soon was no more. Was I scared? Yes, out of my mind.

Do I feel safer now? Much safer. Why? Well because I think this President has taken some leadership and gone on the offensive. Rather then waiting for something to happen, he went after the cause before the result. Maybe had the FBI taken me more seriously and had they found this guy, well who knows. But pre 9/11 my statements would never be taken seriously. Now, if that same thing happened. They would have shut down NYC looking for this guy.

#33     Oct 27, 2003
  4. "...he went after the cause before the result..." are you high?? WHO was in charge when 9/11 happened??? WHAT was he doing before and while 9/11 was happening?? jack shit.

it's freaky to think how many people ignore the truth when it's staring them in the face.

nobody's safe with wonderboy in the oval office.

#34     Oct 27, 2003

5. For a while I had questions about your sanity. Your story provided me with the answers.

#35     Oct 27, 2003
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't think you understand. During the Clinton administration our foreign policy was to look the other way. We were soft. Everyone admitted that after the fact. Clinton felt it was better to just not to disturb the bees nest and we wouldn't get stung. And for the most part that appeared to be a good strategy.

However, we had no idea what was being planned around the world. Part of that was because Clinton dramatically reduced our intelligence dept cutting funding and reducing the size of it. It became a joke to everyone around the world. And the rest of the world saw this as their time to act. It took many years to plan 9/11. My guess is they started planning it right after the first attack on the WTC in 1991. So 10 years in the making.

When Bush took office everything was pretty much done. They were now just awaiting for the right time to execute. However, keep in mind they were already living here. They already had their flight training, they already had their orders. They simply had to wait for the right time. Bush came into office right after the stock market bubble bursted and it was spiraling down out of control and then the economy went with it. Are there things his administration could have done in hindsight to put the economy on the backburner and beef our intelligence back up? Sure. In hindsight.

But it takes time to rebuild something that Clinton spent 8 years tearing apart. By his own admission mind you. He stated many times, that we are living under the most peaceful times in our countries history and he felt it just didn't make sense to continue to direct tax dollars towards the military, defense, and our intelligence agencies. And at the time, it looked like a smart move. However, reality smacked us back really hard. We learned a valuable lesson that we can never let our guard down ever again. Trying to blame Bush for this is fruitless. He had nothing to work with when he entered office. Even now he doesn't have much, it will take years and years to get our intelligence back to the level it was pre-Clinton.

#36     Oct 27, 2003
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey, if you don't want to believe that story that is fine. Your prerogative. But you know what, that's typical of the left, you select the things that back up your arguments which is usually opinion pieces from liberal websites, then when someone provides you with FACTS, you simply denounce the FACTS, and say they can't be true. How convenient it is to be a left leaning thinker huh?

#37     Oct 27, 2003
  8. You expect someone to accept your story as FACT? On what basis does it constitute FACT? Because God is your witness?

#38     Oct 27, 2003
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Because my word is my bond. I could line up 50 people that would testify in a court of law to the voracity of my word. Could you do the same?

I doubt it.

My word is a lot stronger then your left leaning liberal websites where you like to quote from and get 100% of your news from. Funny how you like to take their OPINIONS and use them as facts. If you don't believe me that's fine. Like I said, people can accuse me of a lot of things, but being dishonest is not one of them. And that claim I can back up.

I also told that story to everyone in my family and my friends after it happened. So they can back it up too. Now why on God's green earth would I make that story up at that time? Any ideas? What is my motivation?

#39     Oct 27, 2003
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh yeah, and I forgot, you can call the NYPD and see a copy of my report that they had to file.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

#40     Oct 27, 2003