Want the truth?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trader556, Oct 26, 2003.

1. How can you tell all this from that post? And what is a supremist? And what battle has been won?

What does self hating "insert label here" mean? If it is typical, how come I don't understand what you are saying?

No, on your first question. It was sarcasm.

#21     Oct 26, 2003
  2. you forgot to mention the Rape Rooms (tm)

#22     Oct 27, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

So far you are inccorect in what you say...In 50 years perhaps we can look back and agree..But sending our troops has not curtailed anything in the Isreali situation ( it has not skipped a beat if you ask me and maybe inflamed some would be terrorists to pursue their mission )

Our mission was not to free the Iraqi people which eventually will have to support their own way ( making room for yet another dictator to come in and take over )

I hope one day we will in fact share this as a turning point with our children or gandchildren... I just hope it is a turning point for the better and not for the worse as is the case right now ( yes instead of looking into ur crystal ball for what you want to argue in the future) ...Argue one good thing this war has done already ( today ) not tomm.....

Im not rooting for any side, Im only rooting for the truth...

#23     Oct 27, 2003
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, you got your wish. This is a letter from a friend of mine in the military that was sent to his post. I'll let you clarify your statement after you read it.

Letter to the Legion

Dear Post 45:

I caught wind of and read the recent news articles being circulated back
    there in the states. I figured I could clarify some things for you.

As usual the news media has blown some things way out of proportion. The countryside is getting more safe by the day despite all the attacks you are hearing about. Imagine every shooting incident or robbery committed in LA or Portland being blown way out of proportion. This is a country where most of
    the Saddam Hussein thugs are being chased around like scared rabbits by Coalition forces. It is literally open season on them! We hunt them down like animals. There were about a million soldiers in the Iraqi army at the beginning of hostilities and most of them took off before we attacked. There are some that were very loyal to Saddam that are trying to sneak around and
    take pot shots at us. We are cleaning them up pretty fast.

There are also thugs from other countries running around, like Iran and Syria. Well, the Iraqis hate these thugs as much as we do. So the Iraqi people are hunting them down too! I can honestly say 98% of the population of Iraq love us and they do not want us to leave... ever! They say as long as we are here they feel safe.

What is going on with the countries infrastructure? Everything is going well! The railroad is running again! The railroad has not run since 1991. In the city of Hilllah, the power stays on 24 hours a day and it has more power than prior to the war. Some Iraqis are worried about getting too much food from the coalition because they don't have enough room in their homes to store it. The markets are open. The Seabees have rebuilt all of the schools
    and put in furniture and chalkboards. The kids used to sit on the floor! Now they have nice desks to sit at. Commerce is running. New money is being printed. The Iraqi Dinar has stabilized and is now increasing in value. Most of the Iraqi men want to buy Chevy pickups (I told them a Dodge Ram with a Cummins Diesel is better Ha Ha). They pretty much want any vehicle made by
    General Motors. The highways and bridges are being repaired. In the Universities, the girls have tossed their deshakas (long black dresses with head and face coverings) and are now wearing western style clothes and even some are wearing short sleeves. The favorite drink is Pepsi, followed by Coke. They want us to bring them any and everything American. Any item made
    in America or that is from America is worth money over here.

The newspapers and television paint a picture of doom and gloom and that we are having major problems over here. That is just not the case. The Iraqis have a saying about the situation over here "Every day is better than the day before". Life is flowing back in to this country and it is fun to watch and I am so glad I got to watch it happen. Some days watching the Iraqi
    people is like watching the faces of little kids on Christmas Day! Many of them are walking around in a daze wondering what to do with their freedom. They are starting businesses everywhere. They want to build shopping malls and factories, they want McDonalds and Jack in the Box and Pizza Hut. Of course anything American Fast Food, because of the stories the troops are
    telling them. We give them our old newspapers and magazines that you have been sending us and they are absolutely flabbergasted when they read them! They want us to keep bringing them. They read every single page even the advertisements over and over! This would be a good time for media to get their magazines going over here because the Iraqis just love them.

So in short you see I will give you the straight scoop and keep you informed of what is up over here. I will sign off for now and send this along. Thanks again to all of you for your support. My mailing address has changed. The older one is no longer working. I will tell you the new one as soon as we get it.

Senior Chief Art Messer
    22 Naval Construction Regiment (Forward) Task Force Charlie U. S. Navy
    Seabees

#24     Oct 27, 2003
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

But this wasnt our Mission.....I am asking for you to state something positive this WAR has done based on the reason we went in ( and this wasnt one of the reasons we went in )....

Do you feel safer at home?? Now, this was one of our reasons....Maybe the $87 billion should have gone to securing our borders which are just as open today as they were pre- 911.....

#25     Oct 27, 2003
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I am aware of the fake letters. This letter was sent to me 4 months ago. Also, feel free to write this guy. You will get a response. I have two friends that have. I have a lot of really personal letters that I have gotten from childhood friends of mine that are over there but I will not publish them on here. They are very personal. However many of those letters say the exact same thing.

#27     Oct 27, 2003
  7. "Yes, Mr. McNamara, everything going fine in Vietnam: this month, we even excelled your defaults - we achieved a new all time high in killed vietcong! And the free fire zones are just great, our boys from the Air Force just love them!

Tell them the situation is great and that victory is only a few months away from now on. Nobody here can understand the criticism in America, since the war against the bloody commies is absolutely justified - if we lose Vietnam, we'll lose entire Asia!"

#28     Oct 27, 2003
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, i feel a lot safer at home. In fact I have never felt safer. We have had no attacks on this country since 9/11 and remember, there have been countless claims post 9/11 warning of impending attacks. None of them have happened. Also, we have arrested more then 250 of the top officials who were responsible for many acts of terrorism. And I believe we have captured or killed 3 of the top 5.

We also removed Saddam from power.

Really the only things we have left to accomplish on this mission is getting Bin Laden who I think has died of natural causes already (he was very very sick months ago) and capturing saddam which I think one of his own people will put a bullet in his head for the money by years end.

As far the WMD, I think it might be years before we find it. Almost all of our resources over there are going towards the rebuilding of Iraq, fighting the small factions that are roaming around the countryside trying to create chaos and the rebuilding of the oil infrastructure. Once all this is done, we will be able to solely concentrate on the WMD's. But in my honest opinion, with a country the size of California, it will take several years to discover it on our own. Now if we can get some captured Iraqi prisoners to lead us to them, then obviously it will come quicker. But come on guys, let's be realistic. It's going to take time.

#29     Oct 27, 2003
  9. "Yes, i feel a lot safer at home. In fact I have never felt safer."

Never felt safer? You didn't feel safer before 911? This is hard for any rational person to believe.

#30     Oct 27, 2003