Want opinion on collective2

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by sysdev1, Apr 1, 2010.

1. do inform me if i can place calls on WTI oil calendar spreads and brent-wti spread
    if so how? (isnt included in your symbol list)

I would also like to know of better methods to vet performance.

#51     Dec 28, 2013
  2. how much did you charge and what was your sharpe ratio?

#52     Dec 28, 2013
  3. My Sharpe was around 2, but it would've been higher but each leg was stressed individually, not the whole. I ran each position in a production account as well and did better, as the haircut was lower and I used limit orders. I was forced to use market orders on C2 (100% marketable rating).

IIRC it was $50 per trade.

Re: vetting. Form a corp and use a production account and get 3-5 years of performance. Shop that around to friends and relatives and manage less than fifteen accounts professionally. Eventually you'll attract more interest than is likely scalable.

#53     Dec 28, 2013
  4. what is the definition of a production account?

#54     Dec 29, 2013
  5. gkishot

gkishot

I guess it's live account with the real money traded.

#55     Dec 29, 2013
  6. An account with money in it. Not demo.

#56     Dec 29, 2013
  7. will venture to guess the reason for live money is because of the difference in decision making quality between real and paper trade.

kinda like riding a bike without training wheels.

I notice several system vendors restart systems, myself included.

The quality I observe is that persistence contributes to ultimate system success.

#57     Dec 29, 2013
  8. Why do nobody on collective2 except a few have production accounts? TOS certification

#58     Dec 29, 2013
  9. gkishot

gkishot

Because i think you have to pay to set it up, giving cost increase.

#59     Dec 29, 2013
  10. one challenge i have with linking the system to a live account is because the choice of available brokers is not in alignment with my production accounts.

nevertheless, my system is not ready for live execution...will cross that bridge when and if i get there.

i think charging the subscriber $49 a week only if profitable fits best with my process and system when and if it goes live.

#60     Dec 29, 2013