Want opinion on collective2

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by sysdev1, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Can you name a few? In all seriousness I want to know so I can use them :D

#41     Feb 13, 2011
  2. Attain
    Stryker
    World Cup Advisor

#42     Feb 13, 2011
  3. lindq

lindq

It took me nearly three months to get paid by an initial subsriber.

(One could ask what happens to the many thousands of dollars held for months prior to distribution to developers? A nice business model.)

Subscribers receive refunds for any reason. No questions asked, refunds given.

In another instance, a subscriber did not have his system turned on, and entered a trade nearly 10 minutes after I had posted it. But C2 logs the actual trades of subscribers who are autotrading, not what you posted. So even a profitable trade can be trashed by subscribers who are either imcompetent or who have poor systems in place.

C2 is a unique and original concept and an entertaining sideline, but expect to face frustrations as either a developer or subscriber.

#43     Feb 14, 2011
  4. Should probably stay away from anyone who has insider knowledge of what he is offering you and you are following it, as a general principle.

#44     Feb 16, 2011
  5. d08

d08

There are LT profitable systems on C2, however more than 90% of them are not. I have reverse engineered Topaz NQ100 M with 98% accuracy since I knew which components it uses (as do a few others posting in this topic) and I can vouch for it - it does work. Personally I would never use the site as I believe that when you have a properly profitable system, you will never share it.

#45     Feb 17, 2011
  6. Dan_Gor

Dan_Gor

I also find it hard to believe that some one would want to sell a chicken that lays golden eggs. But i have looked at stratgies on the 2 and i must say it seems tempting

#46     Mar 8, 2011
  7. It says on the site that you must have a paypal account.
    i guess entering CCinfo is a thing of the past?
    one has to pay 120$ / 6months for a system
    anyone knows how much i can expect in subscription fee for a profitable system ( would be okay even if it covers the 120$!)
    Also seems a decent way to document my system's trades(manual atm)
    any other place where i can just document my trades?
    is there a limit to the no of days i can hold a position.

Any recent reviews for C2?

#47     Dec 28, 2013
  8. I made ~$20k from my C2 subs over three years or so. Granted, I had the top performing system on C2 over that period (1,300% return). Mine was a option-system that required spreads and combos. I never used their marketing capabilities as I never intended to market it. You will do better on C2 subs with a futures or equities system that is marketed, provided that your performance is good on a risk-adjusted basis.

I opened the system on a bet. FWIW, I made far more on the wager than I did on the C2 subs. If you're looking for funding it may provide a nominal stake in a year or two. There are much better methods by which to vet your performance.

#48     Dec 28, 2013
  9. like?

i dont think i'd make a lot on c2, but i think it will be fun nonetheless.
    on a serious note i am looking for funding.

#49     Dec 28, 2013
  10. I have worked with C2 for a couple years and I am in agreement with this post as well as numerous posts here about quality of the systems.

What better methods to vet performance do you suggest?

#50     Dec 28, 2013