Want opinion on collective2

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by sysdev1, Apr 1, 2010.

1. I'd look at Currensee and their Trade Leader program. It is similar in nature but appears to be not as restrictive.

#11     Apr 2, 2010
  2. sysdev1

sysdev1

Another interesting question : have anyone looked at well-performing strategies there and tried to reverse-engineer to get hold of the trading idea?

#12     Apr 2, 2010
  3. *yikes*. Almost everyone who is a newbie considers this a good idea. And pretty much everyone who votes "great idea" or "that is what I was thinking" is also still a newbie.

After you spend a few years trading or take a few logic classes, you will realize how worthless this idea is...

#13     Apr 2, 2010
  4. sysdev1

sysdev1

Troll detected. Where is the ignore button?

#14     Apr 2, 2010
  5. And there is our first newbie paper-trader.

[​IMG]

#15     Apr 2, 2010
  6. "Another issue is that they conceal any subscriber statistics."

perhaps, until c2 provide aum (i.e. total number of subscribers with c2 for an individual system) statistics like all other cta sites do, it'd be hard for potential investors to evaluate/compare the systems' performance and reliability seriously.

btw, a system provider also wants to know how many total subscribers for each system as well.

#16     Dec 22, 2010
  7. I've had luck with some of the systems on C2. Only follow systems that use marketable orders (100% realism factor).

#17     Dec 22, 2010
  8. I was very close to listing a system, then I received an email from C2 that customer credit card and personal information was stolen or compromised. You have to give a CC number when you list a system to get paid. So I backed off. Probably a one time thing. I am considering giving it a try again soon.

#18     Dec 23, 2010
  9. fjpenney

fjpenney

I have my Trend Trading system on C2 which is based on trading about 25 ETF's and using leverage. I started this system on July 28 and have attached the statistics as of today. There are far more comprehensive statistics available on C2.

Someone commented earlier that the owner of C2 is arrogant. My experience with Matthew has been positive. On numerous occasions I sent him an e-mail and received a response within hours.

Earlier this week, Matthew included commissions in the default view of the equities curves and I am one of those strongly in favour of this. Someone commented earlier in this thread about high frequency trading systems and the effect commissions would have. Hopefully, this issue is now addressed as far as the equity curves are concerned.

The Realism Factor is a very important measure to look at. Some systems have been criticized for shorting stocks that are hard to short and others have been criticized for trading illiquid stocks. These issues are dealt with through the Realism Factor.

You may also want to look at the system developer's C2 score. Mine is 997 out of 100. This score is calculated based on a proprietary system that Matthew designed and it ranks all the developers against each other.

Subscribers to trading systems hate drawdowns. Some subscribe to a system having a 70% CAGR and then complain vehemently about a 20% drawdown.

There are shills on the site that try to promote their system for a quick buck but they are easy to pick out.

The common price for good systems is $99/month, 30% of which is retained by C2. Each month, a vendor is paid via PayPal.

Putting your trading system in the public domain will focus your attention on its design and performance like never before. In my opinion, that's a good thing.

Just in case anyone thinks otherwise, I fully recognize that the stats for my system are based on a short period of time and it will take years of actual results to conclusively make a judgement.

#19     Dec 23, 2010
  10. fjpenney

fjpenney

#20     Dec 23, 2010