Want an opinion from experienced forex traders

Discussion in 'Forex' started by CowboyBlue, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Winners are shorting the USD

#11     Sep 27, 2007
  2. It's a proxy for the CL market, so I would want to be long USD here in the short-term as I feel CL is headed to 72 by the end of October. That being stated, I'd rather be short CL than long USDCAD.

#12     Sep 27, 2007
  3. Excuse my ignorance what does CL stand or? I want to reiterate i am ignorant in this market thats why im looking for others opinions.

#13     Sep 27, 2007
  4. Crude oil. Sorry, DWL. I'll stop pissing on your thread. ;)

#14     Sep 27, 2007
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

My reply was not directed to you, if it had been i'd have quoted you and not BNB.

Brandon

#15     Sep 27, 2007

6. I apologize i just want to keep this on topic, sorry i should have paid more attention

-Dan

#16     Sep 27, 2007

7. Isnt short crude the same as long the USD, we pump more oil in canada. Or maybe not more crude but an overall commodity standpoint.

btw no problem, i appreciate it, any response from you holds alot of value, i know the good from the bad on here, and you helped me eliminate that piece BNB it only took me 3 previous posts of his to realize, thank you.

#17     Sep 27, 2007
  8. Canada has immense oil reserves. The cost of production [extraction and delivery] is high, therefore they're highly correlated and geared to oil.

#18     Sep 27, 2007
  9. achilles28

achilles28

The Fed prints far more dollars than the US (or global economy) can absorb.

This creates inflation, bubbles, market distortions and untenable risk - on a global scale.

Inflation is bad for everyone except savvy investors who understand the landscape and navigate accordingly.

A bubble is bad because the average-maxed-to-the-hilt-schmo WILL lose his/her house when "the music stops".

Market distortions created by rampant inflation can only be corrected through curtailed demand. Or, what is otherwise known as a 'recession'.

The harbinger of that is higher interest rates - unless we decide to hyper inflate (see #1).

The longer the presses run - or, in other words, the weaker the dollar - the deeper prices distort, the more debt defaulted and finally, the more pain felt when the piper comes calling.

The fundamental relationship between money supply and productive output cannot be violated without severe consequence.

Its as much as a mathematical certainty as it is a psychology one.

Yes, yes. Iceberg dead ahead.

#19     Sep 28, 2007
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Dang it I wanted to the inspire the boy wonder to tell me why or make a video about it and tell me how it all fits in with the famous BNB method. You ruined all my fun (which shows just how little fun there is in my life right about now, LOL) Can he tell us why a cheap (not worthless!) dollar policy might be in order, and then compare each and figure out which situation applies right now?

Brandon

#20     Sep 28, 2007