Walmart v. The Morons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Sep 21, 2011.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Walmart also sources everything from Chinese slave-labor factories that decimate American jobs and small business.

Yes, a classic American "success story" - sellout your Country in exchange for a vast fortune. :D

#11     Sep 21, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Hey, don't blame Walmart because our good-government-red-tape won't let anybody make anything here anymore!

#12     Sep 21, 2011
  3. walmart is very skilled at getting subsidies. where i live the walmart was the no.1 sales volume store in the nation. they were forced to build a second store because they were too busy. still they requested and recieved many millions in tax breaks to build the second store.

#13     Sep 21, 2011
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Part of the solution or part of the problem?

I don't see Walmart lobbying for Made in America. More like the opposite....

#14     Sep 21, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

No.
    Walmart may or may not care where the products come from.
    Here's the important thing: Walmart owns the retail marketing/distribution infrastructure in the USA.
    It's not Walmart's job to lobby for where products are made.
    That's your job and my job!

#15     Sep 21, 2011
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Why is it anymore my job than Walmarts job?

The way I see it, anyone not with us, is against us. That goes for any Fortune 500 company that offshores. Granted, onerous regulation, taxes, unions, and subsidies make it extremely difficult to manufacture in the States. Thing is, those Fortune 500 traitors initially lobbied for MFN status with China. They're against us, broheim.

#16     Sep 21, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Walmart can only sell, what's available for them to purchase, regardless of what Walmart and/or any big companies have affected.
    I doubt many blame Walmart for the onslaught of regulation in manufacturing in the USA.
    I don't.
    But, spin it how you please.
    My point is that Walmart is the best thing to ever happen in the USA, from a retail point of view.
    That's a good thing.

#17     Sep 21, 2011
  8. Eight

Eight

KMart is worse even!! Fat morons that waddle down the middle of the parking lots oblivious to the idea that cars might want to move and nobody might want to see a fat ass in cheap tights...

WalMart adopted technology very early on or so I read. They adopted the JIT delivery systems and became more profitable than anybody else, never looked back... The founder was an Evangelical Christian. CathloFascist Luddites make fun of Evangelicals and make out that they are stupid but they can always shop at Walmart if they want.. put 'em in their 'folios too!!

#18     Sep 21, 2011
  9. Walmart pays 11 cents an hour to workers in bangladesh and makes them work 17 hours per day and sleep in the factory so you can buy those ugly sweatpants for $3.50. Yeah, lets not let wal-mart fix the economy. So...do you want 5% unemployment like bangladesh and make 11 cents per hour, or do you want 10% unemployment and make $7.25 per hour.

#19     Sep 21, 2011
  10. achilles28

achilles28

I'm not spinning anything.

It's a two-sided equation: regulation/taxes *and* tariffs to protect domestic industry.

Walmart and Fortune 500 lobbied hard to remove tariffs and did zilch to promote lower regulation/taxes for American manufacturers. Pretty obvious what their intentions are, no?

#20     Sep 21, 2011