WallStreet - Money Never Sleeps - comments

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Reviewer

Reviewer

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was a decent movie but the characters seemed disconnected. I'm a big fan of Shia LaBeouf, Josh Brolin and Michael Douglas and really had high hopes when I found out it was directed by Oliver Stone, however the movie just didn't hit home. It seemed conflicted - sometimes it's best to let the story do the storytelling. I thought Project Northwest by C. B. Carter delved deeper into what was happening behind the scenes than this movie.

#51     Dec 23, 2010
  2. Hmm interesting you have one post and then you come around here talking about a movie as your first post, then I find you over here with ease? So what is your deal?

http://www.movieweb.com/u/reviewer

EDIT: btw cant find any dirt on "Project Northwest by C. B. Carter"

#52     Dec 24, 2010
  3. very well said,

one could not associate the linkage or the "mentor" references without having seen the original, from some 25 years before in 1987.

they rushed this film, but ohh what a rush it was,

it was even better than the original,

and come backs,

talk about redeeming one's character......

#53     Dec 24, 2010
  4. Just finished watching it.

What a giant piece of crap.

I've seen the original well over 100 times. I will never sit through that stinker again.

#54     Dec 25, 2010
  5. Time is money- pure fact, the world never sleeps.

When does one retire? Can never have enough etc..

Eg Has Bill gates/Warren Buffet got enough?

Money in infinite

#55     Dec 25, 2010
  6. I genuinely want to understand how normal people view the world.

When I look at the chick who played Gekko's daughter in Wall Street 2, all I can see, every single moment she's on the screen, is the following screaming statement: "Help! Please someone fix me! My hair needs to be about 30 times longer, and I must be immediately rushed in for extensive dermatological surgery! My short hair and mole infestation both combine to completely ruin my appearance… but I <i>could</i> be fixed with quality hair extensions and at least 20 to 30 surgical mole removals! As it stands I'm about a '5' who could be transformed into a '9' rather quickly if only I could learn how to properly groom myself!"

But if 'normal' people saw her the same way I did, she would have never made it onto the screen like that, right? Just as an actresses meant to play the part of a hot chick would never be sporting a unibrow and a bunch of open bleeding scabs all over her neck and chest. Or if she had snot dripping from her nose in every scene, nobody would overlook that, right? I just don't get how everyone else doesn't see the boy-short hair and disease-mark covered face & body to be just as bad as any of those other things. I really don't get it, but I would like to understand.

#56     Dec 25, 2010
  7. Has anyone else noticed that the total miscasting in the lead roles? They cast a boy who acts like a girl, and a girl who looks like a boy.

#57     Dec 26, 2010
  8. netscore

netscore

BIzzare comments on this thread, truly bizzare. How far out of touch with reality are traders?

#58     Dec 26, 2010
  9. You haven't figured out that many audiences today are composed of the limp wristed or the brain dead.

I didn't like WS2 and the girl was a big nothing, blessedly I, don't remember some of those neg details though. The kid is the same asshole from the movie Transformers, which I never saw 'cept for bits and pieces when someones kids were in control of the TV. He was just as obnoxious in that.

#59     Dec 26, 2010
  10. KMAX

KMAX

I liked Floored better!

#60     Dec 26, 2010