WallStreet - Money Never Sleeps - comments

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Who plays the sleazeball in the sequel?

#41     Sep 23, 2010
  2. bears21

bears21

josh brolin and i heard he nailed it

#42     Sep 23, 2010
  3. Jduce

Jduce

Its a freaking love story now, say it yesterday.

#43     Oct 6, 2010
  4. 6/10. Not as goodas the 1st. I missed the "old Gekko." He made a brief appearence in the last 10 mins.

Not so much about trading as about Gekk'o life out of jail..

But it had some good points.

I lked the part where he bumps in "Bud Fox" and they have alaugh about the old times...

LOL "oyu do not need to illegal insider trading anymore Gekko to get rich..." Says the banker! How *** true!!!

"I was small time compared to these crooks.." says Gekko looking at how the banks fleeced the whole worlds population in the credit crunch.....

Gekko showed in the end it's the way he is and he'll die that way...

Douglas looked old.....almsot like George Soros at times......

#44     Oct 7, 2010
  5. Age and cancer will do that to a man.

#45     Oct 7, 2010
  6. I do not think that was ever on the cards....they ended it there for sure...Even without his illness Douglas looks too old now. But he did look like G. Soros and loked the part at then end in London. I loved the bit on the phone where he's tellnig his clients not to whinge about a few small losses etc....
    "you gotta hang around for the trends..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I feel bad because i dont think there will be a wall street 3 with his throat cancer

#46     Oct 7, 2010
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

He nailed the line, "those crooks make me look small time." Literally nailed that one! Why? He was SMALL TIME compared to the crooks that brought down the house of cards.

Now that he has stage four throat cancer, that will probably be the last Wall Street with the original Gordon Gekko. If Stone is ignorant enough to someday try to do a Wall Street III without Michael Douglas, it would flop as every swinging dick on here likes Gekko, just as does the public. The original Gekko had a way about him that allured people into his thinking, and his way of being. Kind of like how people are drawn in by the main character from the Soprano's, Al Pachino in the Godfather, etc.,

Nothing beats the original Wall Street, but this one wasn't a total flop. It was just far from what we are all used to from the original, as it's made for 2010.

#47     Oct 7, 2010
  8. "does Blue Horshoe still love Anecot Steel..?"

Bud Fox made a killing from building up Blue Star airlines and took early retirement...LOL

Gekko took that $100M and turned it into $1.2B in what 3 months?

Only in the movies...only in the movies.....:)

#48     Oct 7, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

I thought he started a fund in London. There were the "old guys" who visited him, and I took it they were getting in with him, meaning they were putting in $$$$ too.

#49     Oct 7, 2010
  10. yeah probably.......it was the fund that was worth $1.2B....not that he turned the $100M into that.... Silly me. Makes more sense.

#50     Oct 7, 2010