WallStreet - Money Never Sleeps - comments

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Sep 21, 2010.

1. BCE

BCE

And here's another really good article from Malibu Magazine. http://www.malibumag.com/site/article/five_hours_with_josh_brolin/

"But by 2006, Josh needed money, and he reluctantly decided to sell the family ranch. “We were at the top of the market, and I knew it was a good time to sell the place and learn how to make money on my equity. It was sad for everybody, but I had to be willing to put that luxury on the line to serve the greater good.” It was around that time that Josh became a stock trader. “I met this guy Brett Markinson, who is my good buddy and business partner now. We met on a plane, and we ended up talking for six hours straight about his theories on stock trading.” Markinson taught Josh about financial self-discipline, how to read graphs and forecasts and indicators — all the key information required to get started. “I became obsessed with it. I invested the money we made from the ranch, and started making more money than I’ve ever made before. That’s when I realized I didn’t have to act any longer.” The profit generated from the sale of the ranch was used to make investments that are yielding significant returns. “We now have apartments in Texas, Pomona, West L.A. and Downtown L.A. — properties generating immediate, positive cash flow.” On the urging of Markinson, Josh took one-third of that profit and started trading. “As of today, I’ve made over 126 percent on my investment. That’s all from stock trading. Over the past three years, I’ve made way more money trading than acting.”

#11     Sep 21, 2010
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is Josh's Contact info for his company.

http://www.allbusiness.com/media-telecommunications/internet-www/5280224-1.html

He did an interview with Charlie Rose a while back where he talked about his firm.

#12     Sep 21, 2010
  3. BCE

BCE

#13     Sep 21, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here:

Headquarters Address:
    6404 Wilshire Blvd., #1729
    Los Angeles, CA 90048

Main Telephone:
    310-657-4715

#14     Sep 21, 2010
  5. BCE

BCE

Are you Brett Markinson? :) Got to go. :) BBIAB

#15     Sep 21, 2010
  6. #16     Sep 21, 2010
  7. BCE

BCE

#17     Sep 21, 2010
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

In the HBO trailer, the "son in law" said that before he started shooting the movie, he walked into a Schwab retail office, and opened an account. He then said he spent about three months studying and researching.

I say good for him!

I also wonder if he was on ET since this site is THE largest trading site around. Especially when you search trading forums on google.

Long story short, I'm willing to guess he read through ET, and may have even posted some newbie questions.

ET was probably in Wall Street 2 in a subliminal way.:cool:

#18     Sep 21, 2010
  9. If I may suggest for all you hot shot traders on ET. Go buy "Floored".

Wallstreet is good, but nothing like "FLOORED".

I will see Wallstreet 2 of course.

#19     Sep 21, 2010
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've seen clips of Floored, and will buy it.
    I liked what I saw. Didn't know Chicago was so much more in your face aggressive vs. NY.

Poeple spitting in floor traders faces, one of the Najarian's gets cursed out over a trade, fights, and one trader even said before the bell, "it was so intense, so crowded that you could lift your feet and still be standing. Wow!

Someone spits in my face, and it's on.

Gotta love the movie, "Trading Places" with Dan Akroid and Eddie Murphy. Before the bell rings, two traders are in the bathroom. One is guzzling booze, the other is taking a handfull of pills. I wonder if that's not too far from reality.

#20     Sep 21, 2010