WallStreet - Money Never Sleeps - comments

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Just finished watching it. Wasn't impressed. I had to see it, though despite bad reviews.

#91     Jan 2, 2011
  2. Visaria

Visaria

I saw the movie a few days ago. I liked it, but not a patch on the first.

I'm a big fan of Douglas, i first recall seeing him in "Streets of San Francisco" when I was probably 5 years old. Sad to see him old and wrinkled, tbh, even sadder to hear he may die from cancer.

Shia looks like a wimp. I would probably strangle him if he worked for me. I found his girlfriend rather unattractive (sidenote: by contrast, I was scrolling down this thread, came to the pic of Halle Berry and had an instant hard on! Thought I was going to have a heart attack the way my chest was pounding :D ) Brolin was uninspiring. The old guy making bird noises, wtf was that about?

Give the movie about 7 out of 10.

#92     Jan 2, 2011
  3. silk

silk

I didn't see that many movies last year, but I'd say WS2 was the worst movie i saw. That was the dumbest plot ever. Dumbest characters ever.

#93     Jan 2, 2011
  4. JMC

JMC

I thought WS2 fell way short of it's potential. Wouldn't put it on my list of favorite trading movies. Definitely would prefer watching the original, Floored, or Trading Places any day.

Wish they would make a movie about Jesse Livermore. That would be worth watching.

#94     Jan 2, 2011
  5. I didnt like either one, in regard to the fact that both showed very little actual trading. You see a few shots on a trading floor, and the rest is drama. The 1st is still better than the second one.

#95     Jan 2, 2011