Wallace Euro Trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Wallace, Nov 22, 2010.

1. for Dec 10 session

DaytoDays trading
    M: Down
    W: Down
    D: Down
    4H: Down
    60: Down

anyone seen a trend ?
    when the Germany data was released the price was bouncing up and down like a
    kid being told they were going to Disney World - should have first checked to see
    what news/economic reports were to be released.
    after another look, am back on the idea of trading the 1m

Analysis: 3:00pm
    attow the price is sitting on the 4H lower m61 and lower rising sec line intersected
    by falling sec line and I expect the price to now continue Down.
    the white cf 50 at 1.3203 is a first resistance then low of 1.3164 sitting on a rising
    outer sec line - to 1.3194 - 1.3176 is the black pf 1.38 - which once passed through
    should see some free fall, the white 61 cf is around 1.3149
    next week's low target is first the Nov 30 1.30 area, then we'll see

the only alternate I have to add is if the price stops around 1.32 then rallies back up
    to the 1.33+ area creating an unnecessary reversal formation, no fundamentals to
    suggest it happening, unless 'they' want a clear run at the Sell to start next week

#21     Dec 9, 2010
  2. for Dec 13 session

DaytoDays trading
    W: Up
    D: Down ?
    4H: Down ?
    60: Down ?

Week Ahead
    basically an Up week

Analysis: noon
    this is an either or call, the price can go either way, nothing to bias one direction or
    the other - except the Tuesday FOMC meeting
    so what I'll guess is the Mon session will see the price rally, Tue close down then
    after the release - 11:15am PST the price rallies to close an up week, then down
    next week which will be Christmas week on the Saturday
    if the price were to close up on Tue I'd have to think the Fed were going to raise the
    FFR, except most don't expect a rise till late next year, even 2012, although if this
    is a w 4 , it's going on a lot longer than I expected
    so . but . or
    as I look at the charts and write this I'm beginning to wonder if it's a w 1 2 and this
    week will see the start of w 3 of a B leg reversal that's going back up to the 1.40s .
    that Nov 16-22 correction was very sleek and there's no more PIIGS crises at hand -
    that would make the $ rally w 4 or A of a base that drops into the 74s
    on the Weekly I was thinking the MA 1 C of the last 3 weeks was b of c to come -
    this week which would complete w4; it could still, but now I'm thinking it's a base
    and thus why the price will go Up
    let's say the price goes up to the lower m50 , around 1.3270 or cf 23 of 1.3310 ?
    then begins to fall after the European open, or will it hold till the Tuesday session ?
    the Nov 30-Dec 3 cf has the 61 around 1.3140 and 76 at 1.3074 as possible lows for
    the price to travel to on Tuesday, $ to the 81 area ? 81.5 ?

chart: partial 4H - Many lines !!

#22     Dec 12, 2010
  3. cvds16

cvds16

hi Wallace, according to my own analysis, Weekly and 4H, 1H are clearly down as is monthly. If we close below 1.3249 by tomorrow that would make daily down too (this one is still up for me) That would make everything down and means we would be heading for new lows. We did make a bearish engulfing last week on the weekly so the big trend for me is still down. Just my point of view.

#23     Dec 12, 2010
  4. for Dec 14 session

DaytoDays trading
    W: Up ?

aaah the curse of sleep and 24 hour markets - stay awake M-F and sleep the 48 hr
    weekend ?

what method exists that would tell you that the price would move 250 points during
    the next session ? I don't mean some educated guess, but set of rules, algorithm
    exact method. I can get so far with a couple of methods that say 'up', and a couple
    of fibos that provide exact levels, but nothing that predicts/states that there Will be a
    250 point movement.
    I do though have a B/S method that ignores 'predictive analysis', where one simply
    holds a position until the opposite signal appears and one enters a new trade in the
    opposite direction.
    yesterday's session has really got me thinking about composing 'absolute system
    rules' which don't yet exist with my new system. have you got yours ?

Analysis: 2:50pm
    the best I can say is Down.
    yesterday's hc forms what could be a reversal formation, and a complex alternate
    correction after the Nov 16-22 , suggesting an eventual new low past the Nov month
    end 1.29

#24     Dec 13, 2010
  5. the move this morning was impressive. I missed this trade but looking back 32ish was holding teu-wed-thurs-friday-sun. im calling it pretty strong support for now.

#25     Dec 13, 2010
  6. it was a tricky move. in my short session anticipated direction correctly and buying only but still 3 small losers. thats when i wish i was trading off 5 min or more ....

also predicted strong move due to congestion, gap, strong china closing and DAX congestion.

#26     Dec 13, 2010
  7. for Dec 15 session

DaytoDays trading

obvious I've been well out of synch again with what's going on with the price
    on the 4H, the formation that began on Dec 3 H20:00 continuing down gave me a lot
    of trouble interpreting, which in fact I didn't. what I missed was the Dec 6 H10:00 bar
    to Dec 13 H00:00 which was a w 0-1-2 , and makes the Dec 3-13 five waves down.

I just re-labeled my system 4H chart correctly and it all adds up now - of course it
    would - wouldn't it.

a major problem shows its face here because my system eliminates Elliott Wave.

the conflict I have is that I've used EW for about 30 years, it's programmed into my
    sub-conciousness and operates automatically as soon as I look at Any chart.
    my system and what may be the final component of it - aside from learning how to
    trade with it and 'rules' - only came into being after starting this thread.
    so far as the 4H is concerned, the down changed to up at bar H08:00 , bar H07:00
    on the 60m, H03:45 on the 15m , althought the smaller timeframes have of course
    several waves within the higher timeframes before a B/S signal appears there.

the conflict, problem is that You wouldn't of course have any idea what I was talking
    about if I used my system terminology for B/S signals, so I'm still using EW interp-
    retation/language here and elsewhere, and while I still use fibos, since my system is
    basically a green light Buy, red light Sell system, don't use price/time targeting, or
    perhaps should say don't Need to use p/t targeting, although it's available, though
    superfluous ? redundant ? haven't been using it that way so not sure, but here's an
    example:
    one component of my system that can be used for targeting indicates the Daily will
    go Down - is a Sell, or perhaps I should say, I interpret the component as a possible
    Sell on Wed, actually there's 3 components. marvellous. don't even know how many
    components I'm using, anyway
    we already know the price is off the 1.42+ h and can presume it'll continue down for
    some time.
    but the Daily signal will remain a Buy/Up for this Wed session unless it drops low
    enough to change the signal - the weekly for instance hasn't had a B/U signal since
    Oct 31 and the 60 for instance didn't change to a D/S until the H16:00 bar, while the
    component I'm referring to indicated a change prior to the hh, and the B/U on the 4H
    was at bar H04:00 although the green light didn't come on until the next bar
    individual bars can and do change from bar to bar, so it IS useful to know if there'll
    be a trend change so one can trade the trend not the individual bars, as well as an
    indication of the price continuing in that direction for xxx price/time

so my inability to interpret the 4H formation was trying to EW the formation instead
    of just using my system, it's going to take a while . . .

Analysis: 3:10pm
    EW wise I'd be saying 'abc w 4 complete, Down'

while the Daily penetrated the upper 50 it closed close to the lower one inside a sec
    and the open has straddled back across it just above the 50 . presuming the price
    drops there may be some resistance around 1.3335, then 1.3280-1.33 ? - not exact
    as it's a median line, then the first of the 61s around 1.3270 , the lower about 1.3237

if a major drop, could see the price hit intersecting secs around 1.3150 , though not
    expected to drop that low in this session. see cfs from Dec 9-14 and Nov 30-14

otherwise, unless there's a reversal formation retry of the high, Down

#27     Dec 14, 2010
  8. PaulRon

PaulRon

w4 overlaps into w1 -> best i can see is a bunch of three's now on bigger time frame which will keep melting down

#28     Dec 15, 2010
  9. for Dec 16 session

DaytoDays trading

as I was saying yesterday about the quantity of components in my system, that's in
    fact what was causing me the problem of trading the 1m - Too many components

when I said I eliminated EW, I did, and in its place use 'Wallace Waves'

earlier this year I discovered something that completely changed my perception of
    EW, completely disappearing the complications of linear EW theory and all those
    variables and attendant multiple interpretations, abcs, xyds, extentions and so on

Wallace Waves have simplified wave analysis to the nth degree, but, were still just
    a little tooooo difficult to work with, then, 'hey presto !'
    my discovery of a few weeks ago which simplified Wallace Waves into an 'absolute'
    wave analysis method

simple or not, there's just too many waves in the 1m chart to keep up with, to bother
    with wave analysis, so I have dropped the wave component from the 1m chart which
    has freed up a lot concentration, space and time to just look at the price and follow
    what is basically a single component method

I do actually use the second component occasionally which is easily applied and as
    said, I still use fibos, but don't consider them a time sensitive issue since they only
    need be placed on the chart once, likewise applying channels isn't an issue

I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll keep Wallace Waves in the higher timeframes,
    they're much easier of course to use there, 5m and up, but I've not as yet done
    any research to determine the benefit or not of wave analysis - even Wallace Waves ;

unfortunately the tools I'm using in mt aren't available in fxt, which would better allow
    trading the 10sec chart, but the tools are available in nt and a couple of demo trades
    there have satisfied me of the tradeability of the 6E with my system on sub minute
    timeframes

have to say how glad I am of that 4H formation, it Really cleared away the cobwebs

Analysis: 3:30pm
    the last session closed the 60m on intersecting rising and falling secs, as well as cf
    and pfs - exact - and dropped thru the lower m60 (mislabeled on that last 4h chart)

I don't see there's any reason for the price to stay up, unless it were to form the right
    shoulder of an H&S that may be a very large base completing on the 76s
    at any rate while the price may go back up above the lower 61 I don't expect it to
    hold there or rally higher - actually I've just cfed the 15m H16:15-H22:30 wave and
    the higher 61 is only a couple of pips higher than the 38 rf, so it's likely the price will
    go up to the 1.3270 area, as early as bar H03:00 ? or later into the 4H 04:00 ? then
    start Down ? overall I'm still with Down

the only news now the Irish vote's passed is the US Unemployment claims later in
    the session

#29     Dec 15, 2010
  10. for Dec 16 session

DaytoDays trading
    D: Down changing to Up ?
    4H: Up ?
    60: Up ?

I made a couple of real trades last night for a total loss of 7 pips. the first based on
    the idea the price could be completing c of an abc and would rally to the m61 , it did
    not so I cut the loss -6 . - how come EW has stomped back into the room ?
    about 80ms later I entered a short, the price fell but then came back up and I closed
    at -1 , after which the price fell. - do I have a 'fear of loss' - a 'fear of trading' ?
    about an hour later I closed fxt and mt within minutes of the price beginning its rally
    and spike up to the higher m61 and within a pip of the 15m rf 38 - HC.

the above taught me a few things and probably requires me to start at school grade 7
    'Introduction to Trading' rather than 'Trading 101'. I won't start a running analysis of
    each trade I make but just say changing from 'head' trading to 'system' trading is
    requiring a lot more work than I first realised, and requires for me at least a written
    'pre-trade analysis' before my itchy figure gets anywhere near clicking a B/S
    I may also switch to NY hours, Oh gawd, 5am start and do a lot more demo trading
    the 1m chart before real money trading

Analysis: 4:45pm
    another either U or D session for me, although I'm seeing more up clues ? than down
    Daily - the Dec 15 close was just above the Jun 29 LL-Nov 4 HH cf 50 , the Nov 30 L
    was on the 61 , and yesterday's close and today's price so far is above that 50 and
    above the Nov 30-Dec 14 cf 50 also crossing above a major sec median line and now
    travelling between the 61s. WWs Down
    on the 4h the price may have broken out of a sec, although this can be re-positioned
    so that the price would have to break about 1.3255 to be clear of that sec - if only on
    a temporary basis, then it would be a matter of breaking the upper 61 then 1.3345
    and should say that a base may have formed based on the LCs of yesterday's bars
    H00:00 and H16:00 . WWs Up
    the 60 doesn't provide any additional information. WWs Up

#30     Dec 16, 2010