Wallace Euro Trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Wallace, Nov 22, 2010.

1. I didn't expect Friday's downside to happen so fast - limited forward thinking —
    what else was the price supposed to do after a substantial retracement ?

could the price go back up again ? 1.4285 area ? an Up session ?

Monday May 16 session: Sunday: 2:00pm

while that 'adjustment' was a help on Thursday, it's back to the usual

the 4H looks like a correction's completed and the next wave down has started
    Oanda's price has seen a low of 1.40693 , 40 pips below Friday's close, price is now
    rallying - an rc rally that lasts the opening hour but no longer ? spot 1.4110 area ? -
    close the gap ?
    downside estimate is for 1.3900 area, and a fallthru is a possibility

previous 'correction can last till July, down to around 1.3655 ' price wise ok but time
    wise, could be a Lot sooner; possible break around 1.3850 area
    these prices are a combo of fibos and secs intersections

#161     May 15, 2011
  2. no wonder the euro was so weak early on - Strauss-Kahn

another focal point was the sdcs I have on the 4H; the price had penetrated the mls
    and closed on or above them, and I hadn't anticipated another penetration before rallying
    having now adjusted the sdcs the C of that second penetration bar sits on the mls with a
    small penetration of session's H on the upper outer sdc line - is the rally over ?
    disclaimer: repeated use of 'penetration' is entirely unintentionally and unrelated to S-K

the price certainly closed the gap and made a large rc, but ending in no-man's land again
    so far as other major fibo levels are concerned - same with spot
    then there's the 'adjustment'; I'm having to run both the unadjusted and adjusted at least
    for the time being only if to see if one is 'better' than t'other
    and the waves; and none of the above helps at this moment to make a clear interpretation
    of what's next and whether or not the price will re-rally

6E-spot spread now about 7 pips

Tuesday May 17 session: 3:00pm

the price is just about sitting on 'significant' - well 'meaningful' lets say fibo levels, but
    it still doesn't help me determine whether or not it's all down from here or there'll be
    another rally back towards the previous high, Friday's H or even last Wednesday's H

today 'should' be a Down session and the new downside series of waves, but there may
    be some upside first, then a decline beginning late in the session ?

#162     May 16, 2011
  3. FOMC Minutes 2pm EST

it's quite a puzzle to me what's going on with the price
    I had thought that the down part of the wave ended last Tuesday and what followed
    was the correction prior to new downside; now I'm wondering if the downside didn't
    end until Monday, and we're now getting some correction, even tho the whole of the
    Monday till now formation is not conforming to My wave expectations ! !

Wednesday May 18 session: 4:00pm

because of the above, several scenarios present themselves:
    - price could drop to the previous low and form a base from which a say five day rally
    begins as a correction of the downside to date
    - correction continues into the Thursday session, 1.44 area, begins a decline in that
    or early Friday session
    - similar to first but without basing
    - no more downside. the correction completed and it's all up from here including a
    new high to come

#163     May 17, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's all algos, mate. Equities are still supported, so the robots still buy Euro.

#164     May 17, 2011
  5. another up session ?

Thursday May 19 session: 2:45pm

down to 1.4185 again ? 1.4201 ? then a rally
    first target 1.4330 then 1.44+

#165     May 18, 2011
  6. I recently placed an mt LRChannel on the Daily and found Monday's low hit the ml
    the problem with the lrc is that it's fixed - no user inputs so it's either going to work
    for you or not - can't place a second lrc and reduce it by 50%
    looking at the 4H and the 2 time target methods, the price could start to decline in
    this session, Down
    alternately the price could continue rallying till Tuesday and then begin a decline
    then, or Wednesday, and I'm favouring this idea of a continued rally

Friday May 20 session: 3:00pm

although the price didn't get to the 1.4330 target - last Friday's HH, yesterday's HC
    was higher than Friday's
    it may be that most of this session is down, with a late rally
    upside fibo level targets besides yesterday's 'previous highs' are 1.4352 , 1.4372

#166     May 19, 2011
  7. taking a break

#167     May 24, 2011
  8. W, just read your whole thread, you work hard there bud. If I may add the following on Spot EUR/USD,

Based on nothing but price, no indicators or trendlines, I see the following.

Weekly retrace heading to a possible down trend

Daily downtrend appearing to be in first wave start.

Following step/pauses down, 1.4000, 1.3500, 1.3000, 1.2500, 1.2000.

Hey how come price pauses every 500 pips more or less???

Oh also this, 1 hour in a random slow drift higher, no conviction , no momo, just drift.

Anyway I enjoy the commentary, and if you want to delete my post no prob, I am not a hijacker.

The Ever Looking For The Elusive Yard VIPER

#168     May 24, 2011