"Wall St's Naked Swindle"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Oct 16, 2009.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

And you are a shill for Patrick Byrne.

#51     Oct 19, 2009
  2. Not a shill. A friend. A person who appreciates good honest people that are willing to act for the good of the masses. He pulled my chestnuts out of the fire, as well as the majority of tjhe people on these boards. Appreciate that fact before it is spelled out in history books. It'll move you to the head of the class.

On another topic - I told you galleon was huge, and the gift that would keep on giving. CNBC reported (inaudible laughter) that this is the beginning of insider investigations, using techniques "used on the Mob".

Put on your thinking caps. 7bb dollar fund. This is big time. Who else are they drawing in? My bet, anyone with returns that are outsized. Also, "techniques used on the Mob." What else do you use on the Mob? RICO. We'll see.

Keep your nose clean, Dipshit. Might be some big openings at some rather large funds.

On a serious note, as if the former was jocular, we have a window here paid for in jobs, wealth, pain, suffering. WE HAVE GOT TO ENDTHIS HERE AND NOW. Those of you that prospered last time just may be the victims next.

#52     Oct 19, 2009
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

I'm sure you feel that way. I feel that you are delusional and you can't answer simple questions without resorting to vulgarity.

#53     Oct 19, 2009
  4. Report: More insider-trading arrests soon
    Buzz up!
    Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz

Ten more. Good. Add some zeros. Clean the brothel out.

At least 10 more Wall Street pros will be charged with trading on inside information, and some are connected to the alleged crimes of hedge-fund billionaire Raj Rajaratnam, Bloomberg reports.

Federal prosecutors could files charges against hedge-fund managers and their associates this week, according to people "familiar with the matter."

Rajaratnam, a native of Sri Lanka and the founder of the Galleon Group, was arrested Friday with five alleged conspirators and accused of illegally making $18 million on tips from insiders. IBM said today that executive Robert Moffat, who allegedly fed tips to Rajaratnam, was put on a temporary leave.

News of Rajaratnam's arrest shook Sri Lankan stocks today because of allegations that he funneled millions of dollars to the rebel Tamil Tigers before they government defeated them this summer. More on that here and here.

(FBI agents leading Raj Rajaratnam from FBI headquarters in New York on Friday. Photo by Louis Lanzano, AP.)
    Posted by Michael Winter at 04:05 PM/ET, Oct

#54     Oct 19, 2009
  5. Alright folks, lets back up and get the thread back in order. :D

From what little I got from the article is this. Bear Stearns (and later Lehman Brothers) went under as a consequence of a massive bear raid, which not incidentally included naked short selling. But the crux of the problem doesn't end there. The only way there could have been a raid of such epic proportions is that there had to be some sort of collusion between two or more parties. Even more, such a collusion could not have evaded the detection from the government. In the article, the author mentions about a private meeting that took place between Bernanke/Paulson and various executives of major banks. In light of this, it's safe to conclude that the bear raid took place only with the tacit approval from Uncle Sam, who not only turned a blind eye as these institutions came crashing down but ironically imposed a short-selling ban soon afterward.

They (whoever that may be) killed off all the competitors of Goldman Sachs. AIG was saved from going under only because it owed money to Goldman as it was later revealed. It behooves me why Morgan Stanley was spared. Is it because it would obviously make Goldman look bad? Geez, I guess they must have at least one competitor, right?

BTW Rajaratnam and every other case involving "insider trading" is merely a cover-up IMO. These are just a drop in the bucket compared to the perfectly timed "666" reversal instituted by the all-knowing Goldman Sachs and their cronies at the expense of American taxpayers.

#55     Oct 19, 2009
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

They went under because they were a company idiotically using way too much leverage on very bad bets.

#56     Oct 19, 2009
  7. jjj1000

jjj1000

Great article, thank you for the link. I hope that this gets investigated to the very end.

#57     Oct 19, 2009
  8. In light of this, it's safe to conclude that the bear raid took place only with the tacit approval from Uncle Sam,
    ------------------------------

It's safe to conclude that by the time of the gov't meeting- the game was over. I think LEH had two collateral calls before anyone had a meeting.

#58     Oct 19, 2009
  9. jjj1000

jjj1000

This can be followed through with investigations to prove or disprove that there's counterfeiting of stock in our exchanges (naked selling basically "creates" stock out of thin air. Why is not every tv news and newspapers talking about this? This is the hugest scam ever.

#59     Oct 20, 2009
  10. We've been saying this for years. deepcapture.com has documented emails between reporters and hedgefunds, including some that say, "gee. I'm sorry the stock didn't go down more on my article."

And apologists are on me like flies on dung. For years people said to me, "why don't I read about it?" Deepcapture will explain it all.

#60     Oct 20, 2009