Wall Street Won't Surrender on Bonuses

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Aaron Copland, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

As sickening as it is surreal. I will be calling my reps and voicing my utter displeasure at this business as usual attitude and suggest others do the same.

2. gnome

gnome

We still have November 4th... suggest we all vote for the non-incumbent. If 90% of them got thrown out of office, perhaps they'd at least take notice.

3. jprad

jprad

I agree.

Wrote my congress-critter and senator who's up for re-election this year to tell them just that after they each voted for the bailout package.

Only got a form letter reply "thanking" me for sharing my view with them.

4. gnome

gnome

Remember how Paulson refused to restrict bonus for those receiving bailout funds?

He's the biggest farkin' crook of them all.

5. lassic

lassic

henry Palson - treasury secretary
    robert steel - On July 9, 2008 resigned as treasury undersecretary and was named President and CEO of Wachovia, taken over by wells fargo
    joshua bolton- white house chief of staff

former employees of Goldman Sachs
    future CEOs

6. >>Wall Street Won't Surrender on Bonuses >>

Of course not. Wall Street Welfare, the name of a new docu-movie coming out next Summer, is only one-way.

7. jordanf

jordanf

I am actually more pissed off at anyone who supported or voted for the bailout, and now is complaining about these bonuses.

Many people opposed to the bailout raised the moral hazard issue, and no one listened.