Wall Street Warriors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Saigon, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Saigon

Saigon

recently watched Season 1 on DVD...

just discovering the trading world, any experienced in the industry have any thoughts on the program?

realistic or "reality show"?

2. As one of the stars of this show, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Most reality shows are pretty rigged, but I'm here to say that this was one is pretty true to real life. Sure, I come off a little too cocky sometimes, but then again, I kind of am; as bad as that sounds, you need that supreme confidence in yourself when you're trading and risking so much money. I do wish they'd focused a little more on my trading itself as some of the edits don't really make sense, but television still hasn't found a visually appealing way to show how intense trading actually is. The cool thing is that the thousands of emails I've received have played a large role in inspiring me to write my upcoming book, "An American Hedge Fund."

3. sim03

sim03

Smooth segway, Timmy. I'd hate to see your book not being promoted enough around here.

4. So now you're saying you that it's good to be cocky even though you stated before that it led you to have a big drawdown? Flip flop Flip flop...does it ever end with you?

:confused:

5. Life and specifically trading isn't as simple as you'd like Sise. Yes, you need confidence to trade, but too much hurts the P/L--over the past 9 years, I've been all the place, sometimes it's helped me and sometimes it's hurt. The key is to learn what works best!

6. <i>"Sure, I come off a little too cocky sometimes, but then again, I kind of am; as bad as that sounds, you need that supreme confidence in yourself when you're trading and risking so much money."</i>

False. That type of emotional weakness always, always leads to fiscal ruin as a trader. Many of us here have taken small trading accounts very large in the past. Those that kept their money can thank humility for part of the consistent success.

I'm sure your book will be a fun read for those who pick it up. My nightstand is too full of hunting mags and bee-keeping books to add any non-essential subjects to the growing stack. Good luck with that, though :)

BTW... if you ever make it up my way for signings, I'll be happy to chauffer you around. The new limo is big enough to hold all three of us... you and me seated up front, your ego comfortably stretched out in the back.

7. Says the guy who hasn't turned profit in almost 2 years and keeps flip flopping. :p

8. S2007S

S2007S

all reality shows are rigged...............

9. sise, i'm asking you to stop appeasing this pimping fool, and DO NOT respond to him on any thread but the one that has his poll #'s (would you buy his book?) that timmay is soo proud of..

For all we know, he created the alias to ask this question, to get more pimpin done in the trading section.

Timmay, i'd be careful if I were you, I voted that steve46 lying was Et's biggest disgrace, but guess what beat that disgrace out ?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=99311

10. yack

yack

I’m not ready to upgrade to HD where did you get the DVD? The website only has episode 3.

Thanks

#10     Jul 20, 2007