Wall Street Warriors

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by emg, Dec 4, 2012.

1. I spoke to the producer via a timmay intro-- there may be another episode in the works.....my impression was he knows very little about the business.

#11     Dec 4, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

There still is.

#12     Dec 4, 2012
  3. I wish they would get me for the next Wall Street Warriors. So that I could bring some honesty and integrity back into the business.

#13     Dec 4, 2012
  4. Not near as much. Madoff caused DD to be radically improved. Folks can't get away with making ridiculous claims or operating without several layers of outside control. The days of the big talking hedge fund manager with the strip mall accountant are over.

surf

#14     Dec 4, 2012
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think Madoff effectively destroyed the emerging hedgefund market.

I'm surprized he didn't destroy the fund of fund business.

#15     Dec 4, 2012
  6. Yes, I agree.

I thought FOFs were destroyed several years ago. I guess some are still hanging in there--- nice going if you are one of the survivors.

#16     Dec 4, 2012
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

So how is she different from the girl who is going to marry Hef?? You know, the ho...?

I mean I like Soros, but if I were a 40s good looking, smart and successful woman, I wouldn't fuck a guy who could be my grandpa.....I would draw the line at my father's age difference...

Sure, I would tap his brain, I would go to the opera with him, but not to the bed.... Well, maybe they only went to the opera.... :)

#17     Dec 4, 2012
  8. it does seem to me to be a strange infatuation

specializing in the reason for failure

it almost seems to me like he still believes, if you don't fail, that somehow miraculously you will succeed

there's a lot of room in that spread and commissions

#18     Dec 4, 2012
  9. it's the no mans land

you have good money management

you are doing ok as a trader

but at the end of the year, you just can't overcome the spread and commission

it's almost like they are just letting you play for free, because you are a good customer

#19     Dec 4, 2012
  10. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

a common rule for a guy is half your age plus seven. So a mid 40s woman would be fine for Soros; the girl from the first page is obvious much younger than that. If he dated her, yeah it wouldn't look right. I think he dated another young chick that ended up suing him because he promised him an "apartment." But you're right, there's a difference between a may-dec relationship that's wrong on its face like hef, and other more legit ones, like Mike Douglas and Zeta Jones.

#20     Dec 4, 2012