Wall street sequel

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dtrader98, May 8, 2007.

1. the timing is impeccable!!!!!

"It isn't just the Energizer Bunny nature of the major indexes that has spurred talk of a denouement, though. Frenetic deal activity, record financial-system leverage and unprecedented public fascination with successful money managers are other indicators of excessive froth. There are also bad omens from popular culture such as the announcement of a remake of the movie "Wall Street" in the works, with Michael Douglas set to reprise his role as Gordon Gekko, now out of prison and running a hedge fund. The original film hit theaters two months after the 1987 crash, the biggest one-day percentage drop ever for stocks. " Excerpt from Spencer Jakob today.

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Great news. This turned out to be a great evening. First really nice Heng Seng morning, and now this.

I was only able to fully apreciate Wall Street after I read "Den of Thieves". "Greed is Good" is Boesky saying after all.

3. There already is a Wall Street sequel.

It's called "Boiler Room"

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

I disagree. I liked Boiler Room a lot, but it is a different leage and concept.

5. Well there yoou go...all we do is sell two months before this film hits and life is grand !

Actually I think we really are starting to see the irrational exuberance of the late 90s all over again.

Once the S&P breaks into new highs things are going to get very scary

6. Boiler room, awesome! movie, just saw it yesterday. Are brokers usually that agressive with clients?...