Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bone, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

You are right. I retract all my posts above.

#51     Dec 6, 2018
  2. Simples

Simples

Did you see the other video? Please let me describe my personal interpretation in the rest of my post:

This woman and her group had just been harassing and heckling his official testimony, then proceeded to interview him outside the courtroom, demanding to know his name. Her behaviour that day was utterly reprehensible and obnoxious, and he under no obligation to reveal his true name to her. Was her shouting and screaming proper humane behaviour at court? You could easily defend his position from context by saying he didn't know what to say, so just said what came to his mind. If anything, she and her group were actively harassing this lone guy, both during his testimony and afterwards, seemingly planning to use the footage for mob rule via social media anyway. Saying anything but your name can be a kind of defence when under such attacks.

The problem with such intolerant bullies is that they drag everyone around them down, so it's hard for even the police to make her behave properly or calm down the very situation she keep feeding all on her own.

The online humour around this whole farce is kind of enlightening though.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    #52     Dec 6, 2018
  3. Sig

Sig

Once again I very specifically asked for a single example of someone you or any other poster personally know who were harmed by a false sexual harassment accusation that came from nothing more than an innocuous handshake or smile, which were two specific examples cited here that the posters were apparently legitimately afraid of. The best anyone could come up with was a dick joke from a professional heckler, and now you're talking about appropriate behavior at a protest. WTF that has to do with how one professional interacts with another in an office is beyond me, let alone how it is an example of remotely acceptable or even basically civil behavior in a workplace or how it is an example of a false sexual harassment accusation stemming from a handshake or smile.
    Seriously people, a new woman introduces herself to her new co-workers and one introduces himself as Hugh Mangus while pointing to his dick and you don't see that as a hostile work environment! Pretty appalling and if you're the ones afraid of a sexual harassment claim then...well you should be and it's not gonna be from a handshake or innocent smile.

#53     Dec 6, 2018
  4. Simples

Simples

Who did that and in what workplace? Of course that isn't proper professional behaviour, and I can't find anything to support your claim of support of such in this thread.

#54     Dec 6, 2018
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Probably be in just as much trouble if your name was Karl Hungus and you go over to fix the cable. At least back then, people knew it was a joke, and could take it as such.

#55     Dec 6, 2018
  6. bone

bone

OK, so you have a person who proclaims that Black Lives Matter. The City of Seattle wants to build a police station in a black neighborhood beset by crime but she does not want that. So in truth black lives and safety don't matter as much as a fairly innocuous dick joke. She's more offended by a penis name pun than the prospect of black citizens subjected to robberies, rapes, drug dealing, shootings...

Makes perfect sense.

#56     Dec 6, 2018
    Simples and Overnight like this.
  7. Sig

Sig

It was provided in direct response to me as an example to my question asking for a specific example of anyone's personal experience of a stand-up professional suffering consequences from a false sexual harassment accusation as a result of an innocent handshake or smile! Still the only example that all those hiding under their desks in fear of women on this thread have been able to come up with, I might add. Which by now does a pretty damn good job of making my point that such events are vanishingly rare and the hyperbole is exactly that. Maybe read the thread?

#57     Dec 6, 2018
  8. Simples

Simples

If you've seen what can happen to innocent black people by police, one may appreciate a protest, even a demo.

It's weaponizing "sexual harassment" and it's ilk like actively disturbing peace in court, that is stepping over the line.

Has nothing to do with professional workplace though, but a good example on hate and how it may blind people. How sometimes people fighting for "justice" may become totally misguided in their actions and efforts, destroying the very virtues they claim to possess and fight for.

#58     Dec 6, 2018
  9. Simples

Simples

That's a false example of such yes, but the video is interesting enough to discuss further. Your questions are not so important as to dominate a whole thread.

Speaking of which, I don't plan to do either! ;)

#59     Dec 6, 2018
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Sig, I think you are missing the point of the arguments against your adamant idea that it CANNOT happen. Just because it has NEVER happened, in your view, does not mean that it CANNOT EVER happen.

Men are afraid that with what all has been going on, there in now an inherent fear that it CAN happen. And no man wishes to be the first test case in these scenarios, because the consequences can be dire if the rulings do not go their way. That's all.

I personally have been envisioning a scenario where a simple smile or handshake could actually make a case for legal proceedings, and based on the momentum of how the world's sensitivity has been going, it will surprise me in the least if it comes to pass. That is what they are trying to convey to you.

#60     Dec 6, 2018