Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bone, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Simples

Simples

Some of these bullies are funded..

#41     Dec 6, 2018
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

There was a kid in my sons school who was in a girls house. Invited in by the girl, they were making out when the parents walked in. The girl freaked and accused the poor kid of forcing himself on her. When it got serious she back pedaled the whole story. It’s just that easy Sig and it’s wrong. There are countless stories out there like this. How about the football star who lost his shot at the NFL for that very reason, girl recanted her story.

#42     Dec 6, 2018
    VPhantom and Simples like this.
  3. bone

bone

So I googled "Hugh Mungus" and it was a treat. The woman on the video was a Black Lives Matter protester who was opposing the City of Seattle building a police station in that neighborhood. Here's the great part: someone launched a page titled "Help Hugh Mungus" on GoFundMe,which gathered upwards of $54,500 of its $10,000 goal within 16 hours.

#43     Dec 6, 2018
  4. Sig

Sig

Thanks for making my point for me. If you think Rudy Pantoja's example of a juvinile dick joke is the behavior a professional shows in the workplace then I guess you're right to be throwing the pity party we see on this thead because that world is gone and we're all better because of it. The guy is the classic example of the asshat I referred to in my post if you do a little background on him, again thanks for providing a real world example of what I was referring to.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    #44     Dec 6, 2018
  5. bone

bone

Possibly the slick move would be to declare oneself gay on social media. Like Kryptonite! :strong:

Oh, just forgot about Kevin Spacey... :banghead:

#45     Dec 6, 2018
  6. Sig

Sig

So because it's possible that a woman could falsely claim sexual harassment or in your example rape it should be fine and we shouldn't try to stop it? To be clear that's what you are all asserting and I find that logic appalling. I don't know how much clearer I can be in saying that false accusations of sexual harassment or rape or any other crime should be prosecuted. The fact that such false accusations are possible or have happened in no way exuses sexual harassment or indicates that men who are jackasses and engage in it should be let off with no consequences. Again,the chances of a stand-up professional having anything ruined by a false sexual harassment accusation are vanishingly small, ordes of magnitude smaller than a woman suffering detrimental effects from sexual harassment. But apparently some combination of phobia and not giving a shit about half the population is leading to this hysteria about the poor downtrodden man who loses everything because of a handshake.

#46     Dec 6, 2018
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

You are proving our point. No that’s not what I said. You asked for examples got them and now you don’t like it.

Hugh Mungus can mean a million different things. Why did she think he was referring to the size of his C**k? Is that really sexual harassment’s? Cmon man. I thought it was funny, who the fuck is she to ask his name.

#47     Dec 6, 2018
  8. bone

bone

I totally get that and understand that. Depends on the Company and the situation as well. You could hardly blame a male executive for being extremely cautious (and frankly paranoid) at a firm with a zero tolerance policy.

Even Bill Maher, who's as liberal as they get, thinks that the MeToo movement has gone too far in terms of due process for the accused and the use of social media to quite literally destroy a person before the facts are known.

#48     Dec 6, 2018
    VPhantom and Simples like this.
  9. Sig

Sig

Let's not insult your intelligence that you didn't understand it was a juvinile dick joke and that it wasn't intended as exactly that. Again if you think that's appropriate for a professional in a workplace, well you're the guy I've got no sympathy for when you get hit with a sexual harassment complaint and if that's the kind of behavior that generates such complaints I have absolutely zero of the fear so prevelant on this thread that my life will be ruined by an innocuous handshake or smile. And let's be clear, speaking of examples, this wasn't an example of a co-worker or boss having their lives hurt by a false accusation of sexual harassment for a handshake or smile, which was what was specifically alleged in this thread as the persecution complex got ever more hyperbolic.

#49     Dec 6, 2018
  10. Sig

Sig

Agree 100% with the prosecution by social media representing a modern version of mob rule.
    But let's also be realistic, this is an awfully convenient way to exhibit some latent sexism without admitting perhaps even to oneself that they are sexist. I mean seriously, the absurd examples posited here aren't coming from guys who honestly see women as equals.

#50     Dec 6, 2018