Wall Street or Main Street

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Jan 19, 2003.

1. you should enter the robbins trading challenge

and become a CTA or hedge fund operator after establishing
    a world class track record ...

once again ... good luck to you

#21     Jan 20, 2003
  2. Flow

Flow

Htrader,

Why you would expect me to do anything BUT call someone out who claims he banked 500large on 5minis or 40k equity positions -- while attending college -- is beyond me...

#22     Jan 20, 2003
  3. Tough crowd here tonight...

#23     Jan 20, 2003
  4. :D :eek: :p

#24     Jan 20, 2003
  5. Htrader

Htrader Guest

This thread appears to be going off topic so I want to clarify a few things. If anyone thinks I was being brash or boasting about my numbers, I wasn't and apologize for doing so. My whole intent was to present a situation(treat it as hypothetical if you don't believe me) and ask for your opinion.

When it comes down to it, I feel that I need to make the decision where I will have the least amount of regret, and that clearly is going off on my own and daytrading.

As far as getting my CTA or registering in a competition, getting more funding does not concern me at this point(unless of course I blow out). The majority of my stock strategies are not massively scalable and would probably max out at 2x-3x my current size. Thats why I'm working so hard to improve my emini game. And if I ever do reach a level where I feel I can consistently pull large intraday swings from the markets, then of course i won't need outside funding either, since I should be netting more than enough trading my own funds.

#25     Jan 20, 2003
  6. js1257

js1257

If you are doing that well why are you asking opinions here? If you are doing that well , well then what is the problem? Go for it! If your numbers are what you say they are. If your numbers are what you say they are then start an advisory service and make even more money. But do tell your methods.

#26     Jan 20, 2003
  7. I don't know about you all but there is a big difference year over year on my profits, actually huge swings. I made out in the merger craze, look at it now, things do and will change. don't bank on making that all the time and plan for the best and worst and you'll do great.
    inmate451:D

Don't count on anything!

#27     Jan 20, 2003