Wall Street or Main Street

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Jan 19, 2003.

1. maxpi

maxpi

What you are saying is that you have found that you can be wealthy without working but you are thinking about taking a job?

I've had a zillion jobs, they don't ever make me rich, sometimes they do contribute to my learning and growing up. Get a part time job for the learning and growing up, it won't matter what kind of job as long as you work with a lot of people. Clerk at a hotel or a 7-11 store, something like that.

Max

#11     Jan 20, 2003
  2. even PT2 would be proud of them

do you mind me asking what style of trading you are doing
    and size of trade to get your P+L to these levels?

there is a big diff between this yr , last yr and the prior
    years ... what is the reason for this ?

good luck to you .

#12     Jan 20, 2003
  3. Hey Htrader,
    I think you should go out on your own. Evidently, you have done so already, it's difficult to trade while in college (I am and have been profitable but it's a tough endeavor). I regard that as a successful milestone. I think you are more of an entrepreneur than an "employee", and by employee I mean no harm, it seems that you will have a hard time sucking up to people's behind to get higher in the corporate hierarchy. I know I wouldn't be able to do it, it is just the person I am. That's probably what has drawn you to trading in the first place.
    Stay Confident.
    If it doesn't work out, you still have a great track record.
    Stay disciplined and you'll be fine.

#13     Jan 20, 2003
  4. Although, I don't think htrader will divulge his day trading strategy(i wouldnt), he attempted to have an emini journal on hitman's message board. Just relaying some info to what i percieve to be inquiring minds.

htrader, i was in a similiar situation as you are in last year. I didn't have the trading record you had but was also offered a job at lehman brothers i-banking and a prop firm(eventually i want to trade on my own). I chose trading over banking and am very happy with my decision. It all depends on your personality, preference curve(econ major), and what you really want in life. Their is no wrong or right answer.

jc

#14     Jan 20, 2003
  5. Htrader

Htrader Guest

The biggest difference in my p/l between the years is that I've increased my size and expanded my trading strategies, primarily in the eminis.

Average size of trade for stocks is probably around $40k and 5 contracts for the eminis.

#15     Jan 20, 2003
  6. Flow

Flow

Yeah OK...

Htrader if you netted 500k trading 5minis then I am the incarnation of John Belushi...

#16     Jan 20, 2003
  7. yenzen

yenzen

hahahahaha. roflmao.

u guys really play da fools. first 40yr old trader tell u he got perfect system and will make big money right off the bat, then aphexcoil come along and tell you he going to make big money of the bat. then frat boy tell u he make 500k trading 5 e-mini, but "oh no I dont know if i should be a trader, i mean what if i cant make money". remind me of gordon gekko say "really i know what i am doing, i am reall profitable, but hey any of u guys help me learn to trade?".

suckas, all of u guys, pure suckas

#17     Jan 20, 2003
  8. He didn't net $500K but $425K and that means that out of 250 trading days, he netted 6.8 points per day. Granted it seems a little high but it is possible, nobody asked you people to believe him.

#18     Jan 20, 2003
  9. Htrader

Htrader Guest

I don't mind the other criticism, but I expected more from you Commisso.

And I never said I made all 500k from trading the eminis. the majority of my profits comes my intraday stocks, but I'm always looking to improve my emini performance.

#19     Jan 20, 2003
  10. you are taking 40K of anything and going to classes

and then after classes ringing the cash register day after day after day

maybe I read your post wrong but that is what I thought you said

good luck

#20     Jan 20, 2003