Wall Street Movie Trailer Pt 2

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ChkitOut, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Why the Shia LaBeouf hate. I think like him as an actor. I thought he was hilarious in transformers.

#21     Feb 22, 2010
  2. I was hoping to see a movie about how Gordon Gekko slowly get his wealth back. From looking at the trailer, it was definitely not what I thought the movie would be.

Looks like Gordon became a snake oil salesmen. lol

#22     Feb 22, 2010
  3. He can't compare to the original Bud Fox.

Just doesn't cut it in this role. Even the guy from Rogue Trader would be better cast.

#23     Feb 22, 2010
  4. How do you know till you have seen the movie. His role is a wet behind the ears naive kid just getting into the big world of wall street. I do not see anything in the trailers that would indicate his character playing something else. Now if he was supposed to be a senior trader with lots of experience and hardened by the streets, then yes he might not fit that specific role.

Now when I see the whole movie then I can make the determination. In the first transformers flick (I have not seen part two yet) he played the awkward teen spot on, and did a great job playing up his character.

#24     Feb 22, 2010

5. Very true.

Just basing the opinion on the clips

regardless, i cant wait to see the movie!

TINS

#25     Feb 22, 2010
  6. I think I've seen too much of this movie to comment. I have the entire movie in perfect digital format on both my DVD, Computer, and brain. The "idea of Wall Street" has more to do with a tycoon's handling of "greed" than it does with the idea of being rich. It's a kind of expose on the mega-wealthy. Unfortunately, as many studies have shown, even with insider info you can never be sure of the outcome. I think the movie took for granted that people knew things, when it is unlikely that even Gordon Gekko would have actually paid a yuppie NYU student to dig informational gold for him for a living. Not really true in reality. Poverty level in manhattan is anything less than 6 figures.

#26     Feb 22, 2010
  7. I loved Transformers (part I).

That being said, I'll save you the wasted time and money of seeing Transformers 2---

Start with a script written by a 12 year old, add in at least 5 or 6 glaring holes in the plot, mix in some of the worst acting imaginable, and top it off with 2 new Transformer charactors about as annoying as Jar-Jar Binks from Star Wars episode I.

It all adds up to over 2 1/2 hours of painful cinema.

Avoid it like a Mad Money marathon.

#27     Feb 22, 2010
  8. aegis

aegis

This movie looks corny as hell. I'm sure it will inspire a new generation of wannabe financiers.

And as much as I like The Stones, Oliver Stone could have been a bit more original. "Sympathy for the Devil" is the quintessential anthem for these types of movies. So cliche.

#28     Feb 22, 2010
  9. hughb

hughb

#29     Apr 29, 2010
  10. #30     Apr 30, 2010