Wall street loves Obama and Obamacare!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Wow look at the record closings. Like I said in 2010. Go long with Obama, make big money.

#41     Sep 5, 2014
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Wall Street loves Odumbo and Obongocare or Quantitative easing?

#42     Sep 5, 2014

3. On the day the Dow Jones set an all-time record, THEY were talking about impeaching Obama for wrecking the stock market :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ET's Political forum = George Bush voters - twice

#43     Sep 5, 2014
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is turning out to be quite the call. That reminds me, I need to go find Covertibility's bragging about the stock market being all Obama's doing.

#44     Oct 16, 2014
  5. Ricter

Ricter

So this mediocre selloff has investors piling into bonds, of course, DRIVING THE US DEBT TO NEW DESTRUCTIVE HEIGHTS THAT HAVE DESTROYED THE COUNTRY!!!!

:D

#45     Oct 16, 2014
  6. Stock markets don't go up forever.

#46     Oct 16, 2014
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Um...bonds only create debt when they are issued, not bought and sold back and forth. Just pointing that key aspect out for you.

#47     Oct 16, 2014
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Of course they don't. I just find it funny that the same people out there who point out what a success the market has been - which is due to Obama according to them (it isn't) blame other things when the market goes down.

#48     Oct 16, 2014
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Shrug. There will be no shortage of buyers for new issuances. Given yields, if inflation was any higher one could say again that people are paying government to park their money.

#49     Oct 16, 2014
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's precisely what happens in periods of distress. People pay the government to hold their money because it's the most liquid and safe place to be on the planet.

For someone who likes to refer to the bond market on a whole host of issues, you would really do well to learn more about it. I could suggest some reading for you, but you'd just reply with snark.

#50     Oct 16, 2014