Wall Street Job-Hunter Chronicle

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by knocks420, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Here's an update, still no job:

I was offered a position at the prop firm, low salary, one year as an assistant, then take the series 7. The trading style is daytrading and fundamental swing trading, which I really like because I thought all these prop shops taught were tape reading/scalping, overnight, for a few pennies. This guy trades the fundi's, does a lot of work, knows his sh*t, so I'm very encouraged by it.

Met with another recruiter, more temp to perm positions with Goldman, CIBC, etc. I think all these staffing companies have the same exact openings and they all fight to fill them.

Phone interview tomorrow with a hedge fund in Stamford, don't know what the position is.

Also setting up an interview for a Muni Bond Sales position. Start of as an assistant, doing grunt/clerical work, then go into sales. If the job posts on bloomberg is any indication, the traders of the future will all have a book a business they can shop around for the best deals and your traditional principal trader will be long gone-at least on the equities side. I really don't know the bond game at all really but I imagine sales people never really disappear? Any insights would be appreciated.

#51     May 16, 2006
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Good sales people are never, ever, out of work.

#52     May 16, 2006
  3. nlslax

nlslax

Sounds like you'll come away with a boatload of experience after a couple years with the prop firm. I suggest you learn to trade first, then if you decide to go into sales later you have something you can always fall back on.

#53     May 16, 2006

4. Update Knocks?

#54     Jun 3, 2006
  5. Enjoying this thread knocks.

Update if you can

#55     Jun 3, 2006
  6. Any luck recently knocks?

#56     Jun 13, 2006
  7. gtcool20

gtcool20

Any Updates?

#57     Apr 5, 2007