Wall street itself is a grand PONZI scheme.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by oilfxpro, Aug 29, 2012.

1. OKI-DOKI, but if this is all just about demand for gold by central banks and others like them, based purely on "status", couldn't we say that gold is a bubble?

#21     Aug 29, 2012
  2. No.If interest rates were 2 to 3 % + . why would anyone want to hold gold which may cost 2 to 3 % for storage?If interest rates go up , gold may see a 40 % correction , but Interest rates may have to go up due to hyper inflation , gold will out perform first.

#22     Aug 30, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

now is the time to hold gold with short term rates close to zero. if interest rates go up the opportunity cost of holding gold will go up.

if interest rates go up why will go gold outperform in the beginning?

#23     Aug 30, 2012
  4. With weak growth , there will have to be serious inflation before interest rates are raised , so you have inflation rise before interest rates.Gold rises when inflation rises.

#24     Aug 30, 2012
  5. I guess I can imagine this scenario. How confident are you that this is the way things will unfold? Also given your timeline, I'm gonna have to sell my gold right after it outperforms and before the 40% correction. But if everyone tries to do that, isn't it gonna be a case of everyone rushing for the door all at once? And isn't that exactly what happens with bubbles?

#25     Aug 30, 2012
  6. It isn't really a bubble , cause India and china are huge investors .The growth in these countries will support any pull-backs , so I don't really see a 40 % correction , maybe 20 % correction.

#26     Aug 30, 2012
  7. OKI, I understand...

#27     Aug 30, 2012
  8. ronblack

ronblack

This is proof you have never invested money. When you are ready to do that your views will change.

#28     Aug 30, 2012
  9. I got scammed many times by internet bubble and the muppet masters and share rampers.My pep account is halved over last 12 years .

#29     Aug 30, 2012
  10. =============
    Sounds like you had several good points:D O Pro

But actually QQQ had some great uptrends and crash bear trend.:cool:

Any suggestions for the central banks BRO Ben maybe learning today?????:D Like em or hate em;
    FED has plenty of gold reserves.I would stiil like an audit also:cool:

#30     Aug 31, 2012