Wall Street II is a Disaster

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ripley, Sep 24, 2010.

1. I am gonna watch it tomorrow night. I hope it's not as bad as what most people think.

A review to follow!

PA

#41     Oct 1, 2010
  2. The movie was somewhat disjointed. They really overplayed the angle with Gecko's daugher I think. Also, there wasn't a big ironic/gotcha moment in the movie. The Swiss bank twist was so predictable, I was just waitng to see how they would present it.

#42     Oct 1, 2010
  3. From financial aspect side, this film is below average; not as good as WS, lack of original ideas, fed meetings was lame, lack of conflicts.

Other side stories, father, daughter, husband/boyfriend relationship are tailor made targeting toward wall street snobs in real life. :D WTF with motorcycles scene.

All actors are good acting, but storyline was badly put in together. Bad director, only good for my dvd collection at best.

#43     Oct 2, 2010
  4. Before I go watch it tonight, here is my expectation of Gordon Gekko:

1) Have his revenge on Bud Fox by destroying his company

2) Get extremely wealthy through his connections and through his ability to make tones of money

3) Brought to the collapse of the USD

If one of these happened in the movie, then I am a happy camper.

#44     Oct 2, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Well, one of these happens for Gekko. Don't want to ruin it for you.

#45     Oct 2, 2010
  6. Hopefully you are not referring to him getting rich by selling books. That would suck big time.

On the other hand, it would be pretty cool if he got rich by trading currencies.

#46     Oct 2, 2010
  7. nitro

nitro

What is wrong with getting rich selling books :confused:

Last time I checked, the bank doesn't ask how the money is earned...

#47     Oct 2, 2010
  8. I don't have any problem with people getting rich by selling books at all. It just that when it comes to Gordon Gekko, I would expect him to get rich through the Gordon Gekko way--by owning.

Writing and selling books is much too productive for the real Gordon Gekko we knew from the original Wall Street movie.

PA

#48     Oct 2, 2010
  9. If you read the entire thread you will probably figure out that he has hidden most of his money in a Swiss offshore bank under his daughter name. It becomes his seed money for his comeback.

#49     Oct 2, 2010
  10. Well, looks like it is going to be a good movie then. I will expect some good acting and performance from Michael Douglas.

It's good to know that Gekko made a come back.

PA

#50     Oct 2, 2010