Wall Street II is a Disaster

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ripley, Sep 24, 2010.

1. No need for compassion.

He's going out filthy rich,
    fucked all the gorgeous chicks,
    just when Viargra is needed for his dick. [​IMG]

#11     Sep 24, 2010
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I've mixed emotions about this WallStreet 2 Movie, Buddy... Like Larry Wildman jumping off a cliff in my new maserati.

#12     Sep 24, 2010
  3. bigb

bigb

they destroyed it by trying to appeal to the masses........some major cliches, etc.

#13     Sep 24, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I agree.

I'll have to admit though that hollywood doesn't have the same movie making, "pull you in, and grab you" kind of skills they used to have...

Same with music these days. I listen to stuff from the late 60's-late 80's these days. I can't remember the last time I used the radio in my cars. ZERO music talent these days.

#14     Sep 24, 2010
  5. i can't bring myself to watch it... want to remember Gordon Gekko as he was in his prime, at top of his game his vitality and machismo intact :(

#15     Sep 24, 2010
  6. The problem I am hearing is that a huge chunk of the movie is a chick flick.

#16     Sep 24, 2010
  7. The real issue is the movie suffers from incredibly poor timing. Had this been released 2-3 years ago, I think they'd have had a more captive audience. Instead, I firmly believe the public has a great deal of either apathy or total disdain for anything Wall Street at this stage of the game. In 1987, the scope of Wall Street was nowhere near as large as nowadays, so people outside the loop could look on with a sort of fascination and curiosity, but no longer.

#17     Sep 24, 2010
  8. Actually thats a good sign to know you are old. :D Once you reach a certain age, you stop liking the current popular music and you get "stuck" in the 70s or 80s or whatever year you grew up listening to music. Chances are your parents didnt like the music you grew up listening to and neither did their parents before them. They all said the same thing that there was zero music talent during that time.

Sorry to break the bad news to you. :p :p

#18     Sep 24, 2010
  9. heech

heech

I think many of us probably really identified with Bud Fox's motivation from the original movie. Not born with a silver spoon in our mouth, getting started on the Street, trying to live the dream, eventually cutting a few corners... and eventually seeing it come down around us.

(I loved Michael J Fox in the Secret of My Success for the exact same reason.)

I don't want to spoil this new movie for those who haven't seen it... but how many of us identify with Shia LaBouef's character in this movie? (Hell, I don't even remember his name.) He doesn't really want to make money, isn't really driven towards business success, loves a girl but without any red hot passion, is a little bit idealistic about a kooky idea, and goes thru mentors like they're a dime a dozen.

#19     Sep 25, 2010
  10. dcvtss

dcvtss

I agree, I almost did fall asleep in the theater. The movie has terrible pacing and the "twists" are obvious long before they happen.

#20     Sep 25, 2010