Wall Street closed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Planning on going to NYC with my wife in 3 weeks...hopefully this mess will have blown over and be back to normal

#51     Oct 28, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

My old firm determined working days by if the NYSE was open.
    I haven't talked to anyone but logic would dictate they will be open because ARCA is. Anything else would be dumb. Then again...

It could be like Thanksgiving 2009 when US was closed, the muslims were on holiday for Eid, and 1/2 the London traders were out. The markets were down 5% that day because of news that was 2 days old (Dubai World defaulting).

#52     Oct 28, 2012
  3. JamesL

JamesL

...yet

#53     Oct 28, 2012
  4. no, but if Obama hadn't saved the auto industry that Bush let deteriorate, people in New York couldn't even escape this horrible tragedy.

I just hope they can get out Tuesday and vote their conscience.

I don't think anybody wants to go back to the old years of Katrina.

#54     Oct 28, 2012
  5. wow.

#55     Oct 28, 2012
  6. I know, they should just let me write all the adds. If It wasn't for the fact that I hate being around people, I could have been very good.

The first thing I realized when I became a broker,

"This would be a great job if it wasn't for the customers."

#56     Oct 28, 2012
  7. hmcp

hmcp

All ny mass transit is shut down. Down town is in a mandatory evecuation area. I live in Staten Island less than a block from the water and we are starting to see water come up onto the road already this may actually shut nyc down for a few days.

#57     Oct 28, 2012
  8. you didn't seem to be very concerned when all of Indiana was hit by a very bad ice storm (which it often is) and I was sitting there for three days with no electricity and nothing but a wood stove.

sorry to laugh, but for the rest of us who are routinely hit, this is just kind of a spectator sport.

We always knew you people in NYC were crazy (why else would you live all crowded up like rats) but now we get to see just how crazy you actually are.

One one hand I hope it is not too bad for you, because I am a decent human being, but on the other hand, I kind of hope it is, because it is very boring out here and we like good entertainment.

Thanks for making the weather channel watchable again.

You should watch it sometime when our corn is getting decimated by a drought.

#58     Oct 28, 2012
  9. hmcp

hmcp

I was just letting you know this may be as bad as the tv idiots say and yes most people in ny are crazy but smart enough to live some place where this isnt routine weather .

#59     Oct 28, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey good luck with the storm. I hope you and the rest of the ET'ers who live on the East Coast make it through this all right.

#60     Oct 28, 2012