Wall Street closed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

The NYSE has just released a statement clarifying its hours tomorrow - due to the storm:

*NYSE TRADING FLOOR TO CLOSE TOMORROW; ALL TRADING TO BE ON ARCA

#31     Oct 28, 2012
  2. Makes sense because I just read that the storm surge is projected to be higher than they thought a few hours ago.

#32     Oct 28, 2012
  3. what do they actuallly do on the floor anymore? But stand around and look busy and give interviews to cnbc? Everything I put on always goes through ARCA, I don't really need them anymore.

#33     Oct 28, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

They are expecting 10 to 14 foot water walls in some areas!!!! The closure was a foregone conclusion "despite" the early "hopeful" headlines.

#34     Oct 28, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

:eek: :eek: :eek:

#35     Oct 28, 2012
  6. JamesL

JamesL

#36     Oct 28, 2012
  7. Mav, your argument was that all the headlines were just guessing, which is what you were doing too. You just turned out to be right. Don't get all cocky now :p

Oops, too late for that!

#37     Oct 28, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, my argument was the headlines were guessing and I use deductive logic that if you have 10 to 15 foot swells in lower Manhattan and the entire island is evacuated then the obvious conclusion on my part, was that the exchanges would be closed. And I was right. Nothing to be cocky about. I was simply reporting the latest news from twitter and using deducting reasoning. You were the one that kept telling me I was wrong when there was nothing to be wrong about.

#38     Oct 28, 2012
  9. You're right, this second reply to a post with three emoticons is not being cocky. What was I thinking. :p

#39     Oct 28, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Charles Gasparino ‏@CGasparino

NIEDERAUER TO FBN: THIS IS THE FIRST TIME NYSE HAS CLOSED THE FLOOR BUT WILL KEEP OPEN THE ELECTRONIC MARKET...POSS TUES CLOSE AS WELL

#40     Oct 28, 2012