Wall Street closed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know guys, Al Gore was right after all. He said NY would be under water in the next 10 years. :D

#21     Oct 28, 2012
  2. well, NYSE may not be open, but somebody will be making a bet on something

#22     Oct 28, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

#23     Oct 28, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, there are 100 articles posted just like that one with the words "plans, hope, look forward, trying to, most likely" etc. Nobody knows! Weather is unpredictable. The last headline I read said they were still deciding.

Douglas Kass ‏@DougKass

Now NYSE saying it is "evaluating the situation." I still think NYSE will be closed tomorrow! #stockaction $SPY

#24     Oct 28, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

1m CNBC CNBC ‏@CNBC

Goldman Sachs has told NY-area employees that most of them will not be expected in office tomorrow; only critical employees if travel safe.

#25     Oct 28, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

From ICE:

New York Storm Update

The New York area is experiencing a significant storm event, which is expected to impact the area for several days. All Exchange markets are expected to operate under normal trading hours and daily settlement times for trade date Monday, October 29. Any change to this plan will be communicated via an Exchange Notice, via the website’s Market Status feature, and via the emergency phone line (877 877-8890).

Due to current and expected conditions the Exchange building at One North End Avenue in lower Manhattan will be closed on Monday, October 29, with no building access available for any purpose on this day. Information on the building’s status for Tuesday will be announced when that decision is made.

#26     Oct 28, 2012
  7. am I critical? or do I get the day off? And if I'm not critical, then why don't you get the hell off my back?

#27     Oct 28, 2012
  8. So why start a thread saying the NYSE will "most likely" be closed? ;)

#28     Oct 28, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Because that was the first "headline" I saw. All I'm doing is posting the latest updates on twitter. That's it. And the title of the thread was "Wall Street is closed" which it is. Do you want to argue about global warming now too?

#29     Oct 28, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bam! Like a boss!

CNBC ‏@CNBC

ALERT: NYSE to remain open for trading Monday, but physical trading floor and New York building will be closed due to Hurricane #Sandy.

#30     Oct 28, 2012