Wall Street closed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Oct 28, 2012.

1. JamesL

JamesL

NYMEX floor closed (last time I was there, I didn't even know if it was still open, who knew?) but Reuters and Fox reporting NYSE open tomorrow normal hours. A friend with a car service says he's been getting flooded with calls from firms to bring people downtown.

#11     Oct 28, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I give up. LOL. You guys are a riot. All I did was post a news headline and some of you guys go apeshit. Good luck. Unreal that people on ET will even argue over weather. LOL.

#12     Oct 28, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

CNBC ‏@CNBC

ALERT: CME Group says NYMEX trading floor in NYC flood Zone A will be closed tomorrow; electronic platforms scheduled to operate normally.

#13     Oct 28, 2012
  4. I thought that's what the whole Bright thing was. ;)

#14     Oct 28, 2012
  5. LOL, you're the one that posted the thread with an incorrect headline. It's all good Mav, happy trading tomorrow, should be interesting to see if trading volumes are impacted.

#15     Oct 28, 2012
  6. JamesL

JamesL

It's going to be like day after thanksgiving

#16     Oct 28, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is what I posted:

"Evacuation order has been given for NY. All trains into the city will be closed tomorrow. NYSE will most likely be closed. Just a heads up..."

I said NYSE will "most likely" be closed. I never said it was closed. I put "Wall Street" closed in the title of the thread due to the evacuation order given by the mayor. Nothing was inaccurate. It's possible the storm could miss and everything will be fine and it's possible it will be worse then everyone thought. Who knows. All I did was post a headline. LOL. I think some guys on ET just want to fight no matter what anyone says. Sad state of affairs here.

#17     Oct 28, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Charles Gasparino ‏@CGasparino

FBN NEWS: NYSE TO MAKE DECISION ON WHETHER TO OPEN OR CLOSE MONDAY SHORTLY; "EVALUATING SITUATION," NYSE SOURCE

#18     Oct 28, 2012
  9. what's the over under on the rainfall? I'm putting it at something like 14 inches

#19     Oct 28, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have no idea. I'll get attacked if I venture a guess. :)

#20     Oct 28, 2012