Wall Street closed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Maverick74, Oct 28, 2012.

1. lol it never got within 400 points of the pre-tsunami trade. Four months later it took out the low by 500 points. And you're talking about a nuke event.

#151     Oct 29, 2012
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Ever heard of fertilizer? Anyway, I'm sure the Gov thought of all this already (we hope).

#152     Oct 29, 2012
  3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Storm_of_the_Century

correction that was March of 1993
    NYC received 41 inches of snow

I was living in the suburbs we got more than that.

Todays storm was nothing compared to that one.

#153     Oct 30, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

[​IMG]

I know this pic looks bad but I cannot tell how badly the NYC subway system needed a good cleaning. I mean seriously, it's filthy. This was really long overdue. :)

#154     Oct 30, 2012
  5. Daal

Daal

The bull point is that people will start crying about an expansion of QE3

#155     Oct 30, 2012
  6. Salmon

Salmon

Saaaandy:D :D You will make earthquake in Iran by tectonical weapons? Tectonical weapons have Russia too.....morons:D :D :D

#156     Oct 30, 2012
  7. Klemen

Klemen

Total chaos... Does any one knows if non farm payroll report will be released of friday?

#157     Oct 30, 2012
  8. d08

d08

This tells a lot about the diminished spirit, "can do" people became "can't do". I understood the evacuation of some areas but closing the markets made no sense. The story was way overblown, I'm starting to wonder if the order was given from a federal level due to elections.
    What's next? A plane crash at LaGuardia closes the world's biggest equity exchanges? Consider that a significant number of names traded actually don't even serve the US market, they listed due to liquidity that just isn't anywhere to be found.
    And Austin, some of us might be overseas but doesn't mean we do as little as 2 contracts, not even close.

#158     Oct 30, 2012
  9. Nothing puzzling, technology has advanced.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-T_KvLNdQ

#159     Oct 30, 2012
  10. jinxu

jinxu

I dated two girls named Sandy. One is from France. Talk about serendipity.

#160     Oct 30, 2012