Wall Street bonuses may fall 50 percent

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Oct 2, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

HMMMMMM

How about no one receives a Fu$king bonus on wallstreet this year, why does anyone deserve a bonus after greed has taken this economy to new lows in just the last 12 months. Why the F$*k should anyone get a bonus after hundreds of billions of dollars were lost in the biggest credit crisis in history. I just dont understand the mentality behind this, what did anyone at these firms do to deserve a bonus.........................................................................

Wall Street bonuses may fall 50 percent
    Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:25pm EDT

By Joan Gralla

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The drop in Wall Street's bonuses "could rival" the 50 percent fall seen in 2003, with the current market crisis cutting the total amount paid by banks and brokerages to $16 billion, the state comptroller said on Monday.

New York's securities industry could lose even more jobs than first estimated as the 13-month old global credit crunch grinds on. Some 40,000 bankers and brokers could be laid off, which would be 15,000 more than initially forecast, Democratic Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said in a statement.

New York state receives about one-fifth of its tax dollars from Wall Street, whose workers rely heavily on their bonuses for a large part of their annual pay. Economists debate how many service jobs, in industries from retail to software, are lost when Wall Street cuts workers, and DiNapoli said three service jobs could be lost for each one cut by a bank or brokerage.

Predicting that the snowballing financial crisis could cost the state $3.5 billion in tax revenues by March 2010, DiNapoli added: "The state has to watch its spending. Every dime counts in a crisis." New York starts its new budgets on April 1, and next year's deficit already totals $5.4 billion."

Although Democratic Gov. David Paterson sought to bring the legislature back to cut the budget further before the November elections, he softened his stand last week in the face of resistance and now plans to meet with leaders later this week.

Republican Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos, in a statement, said: "It is imperative that we work together in a bipartisan manner to address these concerns in the best interests of the taxpayers of New York." A spokesman for the Democratic Assembly Speaker had no immediate comment.

New York state's personal income taxes were $2.7 billion ahead of last year's collections in the first six months of the fiscal year, which more than made up for a $506 million drop in business taxes, the comptroller said.

But personal income tax collections slowed in the latest three-month period, rising only $260 million, which shows the downturn is starting to bite, DiNapoli added.

2. I feel so sorry for those fking losers.

3. poyayan

poyayan

... but ... but where can you find such hard-to-find talent that can actually create a national crisis?

I say they deserve every penny.............. from al-Quada.

Osama : You guys did what I couldn't do. I blew up some buildings, but you blew up the whole US financial system. Good boys!!