Wall Street Art...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sequoia, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Sequoia

Sequoia

Hi short and naked. Thanks for that feedback and for visiting my site. Well of course many artists can draw / paint better GGs than me. I don't pretend to be a good artist. But obviously not many did paint GG. Google Gordon Gekko on Google Images and you'll see how many paintings appear on the first page of results ((and even on following pages).

Yeah, only mine.

It is cool to be a great artist. But being a good marketer can make the difference for an average artist such as me. You will find thousands of artists who can paint thousand times better portraits than mine, but no luck for them, only one was able to satisfy a buyer's wish who googled it.

About the price :
    The price might be overevaluated (I don't know, it's your opinion) but everything is relative. You have to know a few things before judging the price :
    1. I spent a full week several hours a day, painting it, it was work. I am not ashamed to have asked that price.

2. I met the buyer at Paris Intercontinental hotel where he spent the week. His stay at the hotel was far more expensive than my painting. And he will have my painting for life (or years, I don't know).

Now, Art is subject to supply and demand just as well as stock markets.
    Is my painting worth 2000USD ? no. It is worth the price someone is ready to pay for it. It could be zero or 20 dollars (in your case ?) or far more. Even if I am not known artist.

I'd be curious to know what evaluation you would make, that could help me to put some better prices in the future.

PS : Prices are negotiable, I am not stubborn :)

#51     Jul 3, 2009
  2. None of your "work" is worth more than $25 in a poster/head shop on St. Marks place mate, and that's framed!

I am surprised Andy Warhol's Estate has not shut you down yet for those poor copies of his soup cans.

#52     Jul 3, 2009
  3. Sequoia

Sequoia

I stand firm waiting for Andy Warhol's Estate... everyone is free to make art based on soup cans. Besides, FYI, I made my own soup cans with Photoshop / Illustrator tools, I did not even use Warhol's.

I wonder why so many people are always so agressive :) I should not even argue with you, loss of time.

#53     Jul 3, 2009
  4. sammybea

sammybea

not to add to the bashing.. cause i do appreciate your efforts even though your prices are high.. but it looks like Gecko had a stroke. Or a bad... a very bad.. plastic surgery experience.

#54     Jul 3, 2009
  5. Sequoia

Sequoia

Well I do not see why you say he had a stroke or bad surgery but I'm ok with critics as long as they are constructive :) I'll do my best to improve my skill next time.

#55     Jul 3, 2009
  6. Not more or less than you are in promoting your art.

#56     Jul 3, 2009
  7. Sequoia

Sequoia

You came here from your own will. I do not force you to read that thread. I use a dedicated thread I initiated, not others. I don't spam your email, I post once in a while, so gimme a break.
    If you don't like what I do, it's fine, you still can disregard it and go back to more interesting threads. You're free. So am I.

#57     Jul 3, 2009
  8. Lol, In this world neither or us are free... freedom is an illusion! ;)

But, yes, your thread does spam the forum as it keeps getting bumped.

#58     Jul 3, 2009
  9. Don't you have some Warhol soup cans you can photo shop?

#59     Jul 3, 2009
  10. Sequoia

Sequoia

"your thread does spam the forum as it keeps getting bumped."

Stop replying to that thread then, it will bump less :)

"Don't you have some Warhol soup cans you can photo shop?"

I took pics of French Cassoulet soupcans that I photoshopped / illustratored. Not sure to understand what you meant here.

#60     Jul 3, 2009