Wall Street Art...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sequoia, Sep 2, 2008.

1. zdreg

zdreg

maybe a piece of ass is his goal. if that is the case he is still on the wrong track. women like men with money but will expect less from a talented artist.

#121     Jun 7, 2012
  2. Sequoia

Sequoia

A piece of ass ? no, I'm not a Canadian gayish cannibal FYI.
    I'm heterosexal, married, happy, with 2 nice kids, having fun with my art. Sorry if I do not fit your usual artist cliche :)
    Really wondering why people is always so agressive or rude here.

#122     Jun 7, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

why is that being rude? lots of men find their profession/avocation useful for seducing women.

#123     Jun 7, 2012
  4. JB3

JB3

I think you need to be much more creative in your art. Art needs to provoke emotions and thought at a deeper level. It is not good enough to paint Gekko, and add some background montage. That is elementary stuff, and do not involve too much thinking. I expect stuff like that from a garage sale of movie posters.

Be a true artist, and really deliver a message with your art. If you put your soul and thought into a painting, it will speak for itself. Try different techniques of painting. People pay for this creativity.

I don't mean to be mean, but I want to put that thought into your head, and send you on a path to be a true artist. If you are not suffering for your art in a maddening way, and if it doesn't challenge you to figure out how to make it truely unique relative to other artist, then you need to find something that does it, and do it.

When I look at a piece of art, I want to know what the artist is looking or trying to convey. And then I try to see how the artist accomplishes this. What style or labor is put into the painting, and how much thought was put into the look.

#124     Jun 15, 2012
  5. For anyone who didn't notice: the person on the front of his web page is hank paulson.

#125     Jun 15, 2012
  6. Sequoia

Sequoia

Totally agree with you JB and don't consider you mean as you are obviously saying this in a constructive way (I appreciate that). The Gekko stuff was done 4 years ago and was very basic (I knew quite little about Art then and have learnt much since, and still learning a lot of course). It was indeed closer to posters than to art I guess.
    I'm trying to improve my art and have more elaborate works, with deeper meaning. Well, at least I hope so... :) Current works in progress are unrelated to Finance BTW.

#126     Jun 18, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Site takes FOREVER to load. Where is it hosted? Saturn?

#127     Jun 18, 2012
  8. Sequoia

Sequoia

maybe pics weight not optimized... sorry. And hosted in France.

#128     Jun 18, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Once it finally loaded, I have to say, I liked some of the art.

#129     Jun 18, 2012
  10. Sequoia

Sequoia

#130     Jun 20, 2012