Wall St. Poker Game.. anyone?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BCF Bartosz, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Last time I heard "I haven't played in years," the guy smoked my ass for 3 G's. He was a great player, but unfortunately he got hit by a bus the following week which sucked.

Anyway, we can get a show of hands for a six spot table and go from there. Maybe even get a consensus on what kind of poker you guys want to play--7 card --5 card whatever.

#21     May 30, 2008
  2. nl, or limit hold`em, 25, 50 blinds, would be a decent start!

#22     May 30, 2008
  3. Don is that your brother`s table?

#23     May 30, 2008
  4. I think the single table tournament format with unlimited re-buys for the first two hours would be the way to go. We could make the prize structure less top heavy than normal, so that fewer players go home with a loss. For example, instead of paying the top 3 of 10 guys at 50%, 30%, and 20%... we could pay 4 of 10, at 40%, 30%, 20%, and 10%.

NL holdem is one obvious possibility, although playing something like draw poker where no-one has any experience besides the occasional home game- that could narrow the skill gap a bit.

#24     May 30, 2008
  5. This is the one we keep about 5 feet from my desk for our office games.

We don't play too big, usually $5 - $10 blind, NL. We have some pretty good players in the building, lotsa fun.

Don

#25     Jun 2, 2008
  6. gehko

gehko

Sounds like Boiler Room :)

#26     Jun 2, 2008
  7. This is the one we keep about 5 feet from my desk for our office games.

We don't play too big, usually $5 - $10 blind, NL. We have some pretty good players in the building, lotsa fun.

Don

the more I learn about your family Don, the more I admire you guys:)

#27     Jun 2, 2008
  8. cszulc

cszulc

I'm up for Hold 'Em in Chicago if its under $300-$400 buy-in.

#28     Jun 2, 2008