Wall St bonuses should go to ZERO

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Nov 11, 2008.

1. well jpm did lend much of that money a week later to euro banks and helped bring down the libor rate (one fot he main reasons they where givin that money inthe first place).

I hear 2 conflicting things, mainstream media says there is 0 money to be had to borrow. then you hear on cnbc and wsj, that since companies think there wont be any money to borrow they draw down preexisting credit lines they dont need, draining key money from the banks. so banks are giving out money on these credit lines

#11     Nov 11, 2008
  2. To put it in a simple way....with today's technology....
    GS,Mer,Bear, Leh can be viewed as "too expensive" middle men...

What if you alone had a significant portion of the total clients in the world....whose hedge funds positions price positions and size were known.....and your firm could leverage 30:1 and trade against them ? This is like palying cards when you can see everyone else's hand....

What if your company had electronic means to basically front run all orders coming to your firm ?

What if your company tacked on needless commission costs and markups on all publicly traded vehicles ?

What if your company had individuals in positions of government that were privy to information others do not have?

What if your company tried to develop systems that tried to skate around disclosure while trading public vehicles ?

What if your company could blabber about the public media about one direction....and actually bet the company's money on the opposite?

.................................................................................

Here is what can happen......

All funds ...hedge funds...individuals can easily trade for themselves with direct access technology....

If they have a PC and the internet...this is all they need...

Firms like BATS can 100% replace the need for any of the investment banking firms.....with regards to trading venues.....at a tiny fraction of the cost....

Securities boilerplate legal centers can provide the means to go public at a tiny fraction of the current cost.....

The BATS venue can run 24/7 and provide the direct access to all of the worlds stocks.....

Google has the capability via setups like Wiki to provide simple and factual information...that all interested parties can interpret for themselves.......

...............................................................................

This is going to happen....efficiency....and trust....will demand it....

#12     Nov 11, 2008
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Why lend when you can keep it?

Seems Banks have no interest in the broader National welfare as their derivative scam nearly brought the entire Country to its knees.

And how do they repay us?

Strong-arm bailouts, hoard the cash, then give us the Middle Finger.

Perhaps its time to reconsider the nature of Banking in the United States?

#13     Nov 11, 2008
  4. To be honest man, I think they want it to be a total clusterfuck....this was never really meant to accomplish anything. This is a magic trick on a massive scale...

Miraculously making trillions of dollars of taxpayer money vanish before our eyes without really having any clue where it went.

It was just a huge fucking scam perpetrated on the American people so the rich could get richer.

All this BS in the media, chaos panic, etc is just so we all lose track of the money.

As soon as this 700B bailout was passed, look many more of them started being proposed. In times of panic people trade their freedom for security. They have to make sure we are scared.

#14     Nov 11, 2008
  5. Oh no, I agree with you, I do not think for one second banks give a damn about national welfare either. I was just saying if they were to lend the money out, they had a chance to generate a return on that money without ever actually having to put their capital at risk.

#15     Nov 11, 2008
  6. achilles28

achilles28

I knew, you knew. :cool:

Just being sarcastic to make light of the Banks, is all.

#16     Nov 11, 2008
  7. :D

Hey sorry bro I am slow this morning. Been up all night for the London session. ha ha

#17     Nov 11, 2008
  8. achilles28

achilles28

No problems. My humor can be hard to get, sometimes!

#18     Nov 11, 2008
  9. That's the best kind of humor though. ha ha

Anyways wonder what kind of bullshit we'll be seeing next?

#19     Nov 11, 2008
  10. achilles28

achilles28

If you say so! haha. Humor doesn't traverse the net well. Especially sarcasm! lol

Yea, who knows whats coming next. In my opinion, the endless bailouts and moral hazards will be the death of this country.

I'm a Perma Bear amongst Bears, but if its not this round, it'll be the next Bull market. And thats it.

The level of risk, spending, government debt, money printing...

Each bubble gets worse than the last as each iterations piles on more risk than the last.

How many more quadrillions will get underwritten next time?

Then there's the artificially propped dollar as the world reserve currency. When it loses its status when Corporate America is too leveraged, we'll turn back 80-odd years on economic progress.

#20     Nov 11, 2008