Wall St. 2 "Money never sleeps" trailer

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Josh Brolin has did some trading, no idea if he was successful.

Movie will have Cramer and Trump in it too.

#51     Feb 1, 2010
  2. "I manage my own portfolio. I check through the day, read the daily Wall Street Journal, trade personally on my cellphone, text people throughout the day, carry my laptop on the set, have Bloomberg on speed-dial. I now have lots of friends in lots of places."
    Shia Lebeouf

:D

#52     Feb 1, 2010
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

#53     Feb 1, 2010
  4. dc101

dc101

Interview with JB: (daytrading talk starts @ around 47:50):
    http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/9670

#54     Feb 1, 2010
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I thought he was only smoking Merit cigarettes. I read a story somewhere where he was stubbing his cigarettes out directly on the carpets while doing a conference...

#55     Feb 1, 2010
  6. You could be right. Not being a smoker I don't know that brand - for some reason I always thought his poison sticks were Marlboro lights.

He quite possibly did that, but I have also read posts from someone on this board that JS is a master at throwing people off so to speak - many of his eccentricities could be choreographed, so I wouldn't put it past him.

#56     Feb 1, 2010
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

The original takes place in 1985. Let’s say it spans over the course of 1 year. By 1986-87 Gekko would have in indicted, and convicted around 88. When I read Den of Thieves, nobody got such lengthy sentences. Not sure, but the laws must have been different back then. How come Gekko gets 20 in jail?

I guess, the daughter was a second sibling.

Looking forward to seeing this movies, but having a bad feeling that it might be crap.

#57     Feb 1, 2010
  8. LVMises

LVMises

#58     Feb 1, 2010
  9. I have the exact same feeling.

As far as the motorcylce scene, remember Bud Fox had a scene on a cycle, but I can't remember if it was a scooter or a real cycle

#59     Feb 1, 2010
  10. read the wall street journal???? it's not 1950.

speed dial bloomberg? on his rotary phone? why on earth would you phone bloomberg?

you can tell by how someone speaks if they know the game and leboeuf clearly DOES NOT. it's not a big deal of course, I wouldn't expect him to know anything about trading since he is not a trader. but this whole "boy genius" just casually being a brilliant trader on the side is bullshit.

#60     Feb 1, 2010