Wall Mart

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nutmeg, Aug 7, 2008.

1. The inventory in our local wall mart is looking rather sparse, I find this very unusual and this has been about the last two months.

I am getting the impression the buyers do not know what is going to sell. In the meantime, sales are lost.

If for a moment we suppose that we are in a recession, WMT has not experienced one, other downturns in the economy happened as they were on a growth spurt.

Also, I am troubled by their packaging. They ask mfgs for larger or different size packages with the intent of growing gross sales. Consumers may not purchase a $3 or $5 dollar bag of chips which they offer and customers may just pick up a bag of $.99 chip at a convenient store.

2. Local Wal-Marts are bustling and continuing to hire and expand, in my neck of the woods.

3. Daal

Daal

WMT is the goldman sachs of retailers, or is it?That doesnt smell right, they might just go down like everybody else over the next year

4. Question. Are they stocking the shelves during the day or night?

5. Sales up, no surprise there, what isn't up? No brainer.

I like this "improved capital efficiency gave us record earnings". They sold merchandise with costs that lagged inflation.

Raised guidance? They should have saved the PR for a later date. They are out of ammo.